Archived Question about reshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to target. In my opinion reshop seems like it takes me a long time to do. It helps me learn where certain stuff in the isles would be & I'm remembering where a lot of stuff is now. I use the PDA to help me find items to do the reshop. I've been doing reshop for cosmetics at times (my shifts are usually 4-5 hours) I also do backup cashier so when they need be it also takes time away from my reshop to get it done by the end of the night. There's been times where I did most of the reshop in one cart but didn't get it finished by the end of the night. i'm a speedy walker when I reshop. How much reshop does a average team member finish? I'm also kind of new to retail & I was just wondering. Do most team members reshop like 6 shopping carts in one night?

Thanks..I know it depends on the person's speed AND experience working there. Are you saying usually a team member doesn't finish reshopping carts in one night?

It may also depend on your TL or LOD. Some prefer that you focus on the zone and worry about re-shop later, but others want the re-shop to get done. Also, like HLM said, it depends on which area you're re-shopping. Cosmetics would obviously take longer than, say, domestics because there are a lot of small items and the make-up planograms are weird.

Reshop at my store always differs on the tl or Lod mainly on Tuesday nights/Wednesday mornings are the horrible times for reshop besides that reshoot gets complete by 11 when we close or if not done it gets blitz on by the whole team

It's totally dependent on store culture; and speed of completion of reshop will be determined by the size and quantity of said reshop. As stated, the time to complete x amount of cosmetic reshop will be much greater than x amount of domestic. There are confounding factors to consider, such as the zone of the department you are trying to reshop (apparel is always a challenge), and how busy the department is. Also intimate knowledge in SKU dense areas like cosmetic or shoes will help determine speed of returning the product, which in that department's case is only available for a few team members. At my store we do do reshop till about 7 or 8pm and then focus on the zone.

Do you know how to read planogram location numbers...ex. A14 2-3-4 The item is located down aisle A14 in 2nd section, 3rd shelf, and 4th location over. That will actually help you speed up a lot.

Then Cosmetics is very tasking with a lot of small stuff.

I'm fairly new to target. In my opinion reshop seems like it takes me a long time to do. It helps me learn where certain stuff in the isles would be & I'm remembering where a lot of stuff is now. I use the PDA to help me find items to do the reshop. I've been doing reshop for cosmetics at times (my shifts are usually 4-5 hours) I also do backup cashier so when they need be it also takes time away from my reshop to get it done by the end of the night. There's been times where I did most of the reshop in one cart but didn't get it finished by the end of the night. i'm a speedy walker when I reshop. How much reshop does a average team member finish? I'm also kind of new to retail & I was just wondering. Do most team members reshop like 6 shopping carts in one night?

I work C&D and I have put away 6 carts in one night: mind you it's all bigger stuff, usually, so it's easier to handle. Our LODs are smart and assign us to areas they know that we are competent in so it makes re-shop easier. You are new, though, so it will take time, but we ALWAYS end up w/ left over re-shop for the next day. It's just the lay of the land: they don't like it, but TOUGH ****! Softlines is never finished by the end of the shift, so we all have to go over and help them. I, along with the electronics guy, continue re-shopping as we are basically useless over in SL. There were some nights when it was so bad that we left THREE CARTS FULL of re-shop for each area. We had to stuff them behind GS as well as leave them parked in front of GS. It was pretty terrible! And imo, A sucks all the way around so you just have to patient... it doesn't help, though, when the (L)PDA doesn't work! All night it drained my battery in a pathetic attempt to "find the network" so I had to re-shop on skill alone. Needless to say: it wasn't great. LOL :D

Oh and here's a tip you might not know: Hit "Toggle" and go to Target apps, then type in "nop." That system is WAY FASTER for re-shopping than "item search." It's like magic!

Last edited:
The reshop at my store is terrible. I work in hardlines and our carts are always overflowing and 90% of the time we have hardlines carts behind and/or front of guest service. We have four reshop carts at guest service: domestics, seasonal, E aisle (pets, hair care, pharmacy aisles, lotion), and X+Y aisles (stationary, party stuff, candles, kitchen appliances, etc.) I'm not sure about other work centers, but at my store hardlines stops putting away reshop at around 6PM to focus on the zone. We never have more than 1 HL TM during the day, sometimes that TM will knock out the reshop carts behind and in front of guest service and shave off the top layer of the overflowing carts. The two HL-TMs focus solely on the zone and doing back-up.

People who sort their reshop usually get more done. People who have been at the store for a longer amount of time also tend to get more done. There is no average amount of reshop carts. It could take five minutes to put away domestics, while it can take years to put away scrapbooking stickers.

I wouldn't be the best person to give advice for reshop, but here it goes anyway. Grab a PDA and go into RF APPS. Once you log in to RF APPS type in NOP and hit enter. Scan the stuff that you don't know the locations for. This is way much faster than item search.

For domestics just take the entire cart and sort it out a bit. Keep bedding, bath, plastics, etc. somewhat separate. Domestics isn't too hard because everything is large stuff. Curtain rods, blankets, towels, storage bins.

For the rest of the aisles it would be wise to use one of those carts that have the three sections. Acquire one of those and sort your reshop into the cart. It will take you 10-15 minutes but it will make putting it away much easier and faster.

When you come back from breaks, lunches, and or back-up cashiering, check guest service for any large items. Take those items and put them away quickly. This will avoid something like this from happening
tumblr_lqsy3v8GSC1qg155so1_500.jpg

The reshop at my store is terrible. I work in hardlines and our carts are always overflowing and 90% of the time we have hardlines carts behind and/or front of guest service. We have four reshop carts at guest service: domestics, seasonal, E aisle (pets, hair care, pharmacy aisles, lotion), and X+Y aisles (stationary, party stuff, candles, kitchen appliances, etc.) I'm not sure about other work centers, but at my store hardlines stops putting away reshop at around 6PM to focus on the zone. We never have more than 1 HL TM during the day, sometimes that TM will knock out the reshop carts behind and in front of guest service and shave off the top layer of the overflowing carts. The two HL-TMs focus solely on the zone and doing back-up.

People who sort their reshop usually get more done. People who have been at the store for a longer amount of time also tend to get more done. There is no average amount of reshop carts. It could take five minutes to put away domestics, while it can take years to put away scrapbooking stickers.

I wouldn't be the best person to give advice for reshop, but here it goes anyway. Grab a PDA and go into RF APPS. Once you log in to RF APPS type in NOP and hit enter. Scan the stuff that you don't know the locations for. This is way much faster than item search.

For domestics just take the entire cart and sort it out a bit. Keep bedding, bath, plastics, etc. somewhat separate. Domestics isn't too hard because everything is large stuff. Curtain rods, blankets, towels, storage bins.

For the rest of the aisles it would be wise to use one of those carts that have the three sections. Acquire one of those and sort your reshop into the cart. It will take you 10-15 minutes but it will make putting it away much easier and faster.

When you come back from breaks, lunches, and or back-up cashiering, check guest service for any large items. Take those items and put them away quickly. This will avoid something like this from happening
tumblr_lqsy3v8GSC1qg155so1_500.jpg

Wow, they put your carts in a line! That is sadly a step ahead of my store.

For me, as someone who works Softlines, reshop is a never-ending job. It's the job that never ends. If I'm lucky, though, I can get a whole (packed) Z-rack of clothes out and in the proper place in half an hour. For a cart of folded and packaged items... about the same.

However, when we move things around, I get frustrated and often take quite a bit longer. My favorite reshop to put out is clearance, but I also like working out Mossimo Black and Men's.

I work electronics so normally things are pretty easy except pop/ Latino music. for whatever reason, there are no label (planogram?) in that section.

I'll have to admit though, once you figure out spider wraps and what ipads are which it's pretty cushy in The Boat. sneaking suspicion that BF is going to be hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back