Question about street dated items

They most likely didn’t scan the item oh well kinda too late we didn’t sell ours but the other store did multiple guests told us about them

We’re seeing a lot of street dated items at the front. TMs say that it doesn’t show in My Day when they are pushing.

We have woken up another one from the grave😈

While we’re at it, though, MyDay has also been bad about showing street dates. I have relied on our smart toys dbo and a bit of mind games with those annoying collectors. I have personally seen a couple of street dated toys just say “sold online or in other stores” like a rewrap or something would. But when there are three GI Joe figures and one of them says that while the other two are correctly street dated, you get the picture lol.

To the reseller who stopped me with a u boat nearly tipping over with pasta, came within INCHES of my face with no mask, and told me “you need to go get this figure for me”, **** YOU. Go get a job.

Last edited:
Honestly it'd be nice if it just made it pop up with a warning when you scan it, maybe with the fancy little "street date" logo that comes on some of the boxes now.

Question... why would it even let you pull a street dated item? Like if it’s street dated it shouldn’t be on the floor. And if it is streetdated and already on the floor, why can’t myday send an alert “XYZ item is currently located on the floor. Backstock immediately”

and I definitely agree street dated should be big bold banner, something you can’t miss

We keep a street dated list and it is shared with Tech/Toys/Front End & all Leads it has every street date of items .Com has on the site. 1 issue we have been seeing is we been getting street dated items that don’t come up street dated but show still under preorder on the website. Also between myday/mywork they show different dates.

Are there no longer warnings on the case packs that say if an item is street dated or not? I recall seeing assortment boxes with a label on the side saying not to sell the product included until a set date but it's been quite some time since I've seen that.

We keep a street dated list and it is shared with Tech/Toys/Front End & all Leads it has every street date of items .Com has on the site. 1 issue we have been seeing is we been getting street dated items that don’t come up street dated but show still under preorder on the website. Also between myday/mywork they show different dates.
I noticed this too. In myday it won’t say they are street dated but in mywork2.0 it will say they are. On the app it will only allow you to preorder. The POS will let you sell the items both old and new system. The systems now works with myday. Certain dpcis when searched in mywork/myday automatically switch to a different dpci. The items are available else where which means they probably shouldn’t be street dated. It’s probably just a problem with the new and old system connecting. All the street dated items that appear as street dated in the mywork and target app have a location and are in every target available to buy.

I can’t tell you how many times me and other team members have put out street dated items because the stupid, poorly coded one for one system actively pulls street dated items. No one has gotten in trouble because Target Corporate is technically the one at fault for telling team members to put out street dated items.

I can’t tell you how many times me and other team members have put out street dated items because the stupid, poorly coded one for one system actively pulls street dated items. No one has gotten in trouble because Target Corporate is technically the one at fault for telling team members to put out street dated items.
@HQWireless When someone scans a street dated item, there needs to be a big banner or alert that's like "this item is street dated, do not put on floor"
I deal with this almost every day. The guest is understandably upset, and I don’t blame them. Terrible guest experience!
I agree!

This is a major source of very negative front end experiences. People get super pissed.
Yeah it needs to be fixed. And I understand why people are upset. If a product is on the floor, they should be able to buy it. It isn’t their fault that it’s street dated. The mydevice should simply not allow street dated items to be put on the floor and there should be very clear warnings on the product page. @HQWireless

Honestly, even better than bigger font, it should be either a banner across the page or an alert that you have to acknowledge
Totally agree & it should be to where a leader should see the alert to because it doesn’t stop someone still from putting it out on the floor.

I’m just glad my store at least for Tech we are smart enough to know 90% of the time before scanning a item if it’s SD or not & we even have a section to put all those at in the stockroom (sometimes it gets overcrowded)

Yup, we use techs stockroom for anything that needs a little extra protection from getting pushed. Including gi Joe's and star wars, occasionally Legos. We have a street dated media section.

It would be nice to have a report on the Inbound Trailer Dashboard that lists every street dated item on the trailer. That way the leader could gather them after the unload is completed

Yeah it needs to be fixed. And I understand why people are upset. If a product is on the floor, they should be able to buy it. It isn’t their fault that it’s street dated. The mydevice should simply not allow street dated items to be put on the floor and there should be very clear warnings on the product page. @HQWireless
“It’s complicate” :-\

Street date is a single attribute on Item that has a zillion attributes, and every system needs to be aware of it, which they’re just not. I agree it’s a bad guest experience, but the POS block is catch-all for other processes that aren’t aware or up to snuff with blocking. Unlike some of the things I can impact here, this isn’t a quick-fix kind of thing, but more of a crusade to make sure process teams are aware of street date.

I’ll do what I can. :)

Back