Archived Question about two functions for register

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So I always wondered about this one button on the register being a cashier from time to time and no one has pointed it out yet, so I'm guessing it is not for team members, probably for GSA or GSTL.

It's the Price Inquiry button. Are those for cashiers to use? At our store, if we need a price check, we call the GSTL over and tell them about the situation, they walkie someone on the floor and they check for me and let me know.

Price inquiry anyone can use.

it will show all pricing info & any special promotional info (BoGo, etc.)

Its a good first method of price checking. If guest still insists price is wrong you will need to call GSTL over.

You'll also need to use that button if you want to check a Target giftcard's balance for a guest.

I like to use that button because it will tell you the regular selling price, current selling price, and the lowest selling price in the last 90 days. Usually when someone tells me they think something is a different price I look at that first and see if it matches with the lowest and assume someone probably left a sign up. It also is very helpful for when guests tell you that if they bought something they get a five dollar giftcard. If you hit that button and scan the item it gives you all this information. Next time you work scan something and take a look at it. :)

Thank you! So for instance, if I scanned a bar of soap and it came up as $4.00 and the guest said it was actually $3.00, do I just push "Price Inquiry" after I scan the item?

Here's the thing - price inquiry won't tell you if the guest is right or not. If you ring up a bar of soap for $2, price inquiry will tell you that the current selling price is $2. Yes, it will tell you the return price without receipt aka what it was on sale for recently, but this is also where you can "vibe" and use your "empowerment".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back