Archived Question about using giftcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So, I got a red card today and she had a $10 gift-card. She decided she was gonna save it for some odd reason. But, when I finished the whole process, it finished the transaction and gave me her temporary debit card and etc. So, can guests use a giftcard when applying for a redcard and if so, how?

Because you can't total the transaction when you scan the application and then you hit total when your scanning the ID, so I don't see a way.

Yes. How you do it is after the temp. card has been printed, void all payments, scan the gift card, then the temp card! :)

If a guest does not want to pay the whole balance with their new Red Card (pending approval), then if you're starting the application from the prompt, select "Accept and Suspend" (K3). Then, when the application is finished, you can retrieve the suspended order and the guest can pay with the gift card or whatever. If you don't see the prompt (i.e. you're just scanning the booklet), then you'll probably have to post-void the transaction.

If the guest wants to sign up and use a giftcard just suspend the transaction and do the REDcard application by itself... Then retrieve and use the giftcard and temp card to pay! If the guest lets you know once you are basically finished with the transaction, you have to let it all go on the REDcard... I let the guests know that we "can" fix it with a fix a mistake, wrong payment, but if the transaction is large I see it crash the register alot! So there is a risk of the guest having to ring up all their items over again, so if they come to Target often it may be a good idea to just save the giftcard for next time!

What rock said. If you ring up the Redcard app, it will force the transaction onto the new account. Simply suspend the transaction, and then start the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back