Archived Question about vacation for 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
So the guy in hr decided that I should book my ticket even though I can not request off till the month of December last week of November. I booked my ticket for 14 days exactly on December 26 for 14 days starting that day because the prices will go up if I wait for the hours to be made or approved. What are my chances of being denied. I always seem to get approved 3 weeks in advance of notice for 1 day off or 2 without any issues but since it is after the holidays would it be a problem or better for them to approve it? I mean its not like I am leaving without giving them a huge heads up and I will mention it to the store manager all month long and how important my trip is and proof of my ticket and how I will be ready for work the day after I get back. Its not like I never not show up to my shifts and on time every time an do double the work for everything and even come in on my days off when needed and plus this is my chance to fly out in 3 years I have not taken any vacations.

Last edited:
You can put in your request now. Unless that’s a store thing where they don’t want you requesting far in advance.

Getting it approved might be a whole different ballgame. Have you talked to your Leaders? After Christmas is blacked out in our store, not just before.

Of course, you don’t already bought your tickets. Are you really not going on vacation if they deny it?

wait what do you mean blacked out? I will be very depressed if it gets denied I spent 2k on my ticket and no refunds because it is 14 days like hr said normally I spend tons of money on my ticket for 3 months when I was younger and now that I have a job I am following the guidelines about the 2 week thing My hr never said anything about not being ok 4 days after the holidays. I have to book the ticket from now and my store is going to be aware for the next 3 months.

Last edited:
If your ETLHR has approved it you will probably be fine. It’s after Christmas so the hours go down again pretty quick and SFS has dropped off.

I highly doubt you will have a problem.

Talk to your HR ASAP. Any time off over 10 days is an LOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back