• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

targetgirl123456

Sometimes when I worry about if everything is in the right spot & if it's not I always fix it & when I reshop alot while zoning it takes time away from finishing zoning the department I'm assigned for. Should I just worry about zoning every isle first, make sure no diamond spots are showing, & put the obvious stuff that's in the wrong spot in my re-shop cart & if I have time reshop that stuff. There's been times I didn't finish zoning every isle because I use the pda to make sure sometimes if the item is in the right spot or stocked wrong but this makes me in the same isle for a longer time. Any tips?

Team leads say I do a good job & stuff. I really want to survive my 90 day evaluation though if you know what I mean. I absolutely love working at target & on a team.

I get a lot of 4 hour shifts. & trust me, 4 hours goes by extra quick to zone 50 isles & reshop stuff. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first started a year ago, I was taught by a few of the "masters" at it. I've now become the top TM of the store, from what every TL has mentioned & the ETLs & STL dig the hard work. I'll just give a quick rundown on what I do when zoning.

When zoning, always worry about the zone first. As you mentioned, if you can find a few of the reshop items easily or know where they go, drop those as you zone. If not, wait & run reshop after the zone is done. From what I was told early on, the zone is always most important. It's the last thing we see when closing at night & the first thing we see opening the next morning. It is always walked & discussed, especially the endcaps along the racetrack of the store (the floor stripes on the floor). Also, when doing reshop, it's faster to go under NOP in your PDA/LPDA. Also, when zoning, I used to see the big picture.......the entire aisle, as opposed to doing what one of the TLs told me........take it 4ft section at a time. Zone that from top to bottom, then move to the next, & so on. Eventually, you'll be blazing through them all. If you happen to run across any out of area items, just toss those in your cart to sort later. Once you get into a groove, you'll do fine.

I was offered a permanent position with them after seasonal (I was originally hired on seasonal only). Just be on time, always be willing to help out, pick up shifts if you can, & remember to be fast, fun, & friendly, & you should be fine. I've worked hard in the last year & as I mentioned, I've been told I'm the best sales floor TM we have. They've got me training new hires & I'm hitting upwards of 33-40 hours a week consistently. Just keep working hard & try these tips out & hopefully it will help you out.

Good luck & keep us updated on everything!

i would say get the zone done first... but when you place things in the wrong spot... newer flow people will push things to that wrongly placed item.. thus creating a disaster... maybe that's just at my store.

That happens at ours also. Some don't use the PDA & eyeball it, which usually results in myself or someone else fixing the issue. It's usually nothing big, but yes, make sure the items are in the correct locations. That's definitely something they want you to focus on also. But if you do a lot of closing shifts, always worry about the zone first. If you're working a mid, zone as much as you can & do as much reshop as you can so you can set your closing team up for a good night.

Target rarely lets people go after their 90 days. You will probably be fine if they see you working hard and responding to back ups.

But, as a rule of thumb, zone first then get distress from the service desk (or reshop, as it's called in your store), then do touch ups.
Your first zone should almost be what you want the it to look like, meaning if you have doubts about what belongs on that isle (like, say, you think that that coloring book doesn't belong on this isle, it belongs on another), then you throw it in your reshop cart and keep on zoning. Pull all the items up to cover the diamonds, pull all the peg hooked items forward and make sure it looks aesthetically pleasing as well as everything being in it's appropriate spot. Then, you reshop. The zone is the most important thing and they want that done so just make sure you get that done.

As others have said, try to get the zone done first. Even if you don't get to your re-shop, at least the aisles won't look like a tornado went through them. It's easier to push merchandise (whether it be your re-shop or the next day's autofills/CAFs), scan instocks, etc. in a well-zoned aisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back