Question for fellow DBOs

I’m the infant hardlines DBO. This week I’m scheduled in inbound. I’m worried I won’t finish all my stuff. I’m worried i’ll disappoint my TLs. What to do?

Let your TL know you are scheduled under inbound and not GM for your area. It is on them to make sure your freight is getting done if you are tasked with doing something else. It is possible it was just a scheduling mistake and you are supposed to work your area like normal so checking with your TL is good for that reason as well. It is odd you are scheduled as inbound though- baby endcaps reset as well as a handful of revisions and some pogs.

Is this going to become something common? I was hired GM. I’m in inbound cause lots of team members are on vacation

The truck has to get sorted somehow whether people are on vacation or not. You are available and would be there anyway so it is relatively easy to switch you to inbound and backfill your area with another GM TM. Or just extend your shift to do both, especially if you only have baby for your area.

Don't forget, any role at Target also states that you may be asked to do other tasks as assigned, based on business needs.

Yes I do. I’ve helped once, but i haven’t done a full shift of inbound and then infant hardlines

Is your shift split or is it just inbound. Our baby dbo is a back up inbound tm, when he does it his shift is split 3 hours on truck 5 in baby but usually hell get help that day with someone pushing his diapers and wipes

I don't know what volume store you are, but that sounds like ample time to get all the baby freight done. Especially if that's your only area. I had the equivalent of about 5/6 pallets of diapers/wipes come in Saturday and was able to get all my baby freight done in 6 hours in addition to a couple uboats in my other areas too.

what happens if I don’t get everything done? I’m worried i’ll be let go or frowned upon

If they fired everybody at my store for not completing freight or tasks, there'd be almost no one left in P2. They roll a lot of freight every truck and are often behind on workload. P1 comes almost clean, hba struggles because of the repacks, but workload is always ahead at least.

Best advice is to just do your best. If you feel like you won't finish everything, be upfront about it and tell your TL. List what you've gotten done, what you have left, and how much of it you anticipate being able to finish before you leave. This is a great way for you to show (and your TL to learn) how you manage your time.

Back