Archived Question for Guest Service people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally I have only seen the "refund declined, give merchandise back" on credit card look ups...and it was all for "normal" items. Every single time that happened, the guest said it was a while since they purchased the item, so it was probably outside the return time. So in those cases, I just explain I can do a NRR and proceed that way.

I had that one one other time when a guest was doing a bunch of electronic returns, because they had used fake bills at another location (seriously, these people are so obvious). One of the items, it was a gaming card I believe, came up with the refund declined. In cases like that, or the toothbrushes, I am only too happy to give the items back to the guest and tell them I can't do the return.

For "receipt has been shut down" I'm not sure. If you see that again, get the receipt number from the bottom, and have your ap look it up when the guest leaves. They should be able to track the original receipt and any activity tied to it to give you an answer.

Retail girl has that one. I've only seen the "refund declined" message as well, and it's always been for items with a modified return date. Meaning the entire receipt isn't expired, but the item they're trying to return has a shortened return policy (ie: ipads, electronics, etc)

Thanks, guys. I think the "receipt has been shut down" error might be a system thing- I've only seen it three times in eight months, and two were on the same day. That's a good idea about taking down the number and running it by AP- I hadn't thought of that. IIRC none of the three returns seemed shady to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back