Question for HR (Or anyone who knows)

It has always been my understanding that Target is not allowed to schedule a TM for 7 days in the same week without prior approval from TM and jumping through some hoops on MyTime as well. Has this changed?

Not asking for a friend. Asking as a TM who has been scheduled Sunday through Saturday on the 2 week out schedule.

If you are a Part time employee you can be scheduled 7 days a week. If you are a full time employee you must get one day off. ( the seven day act)

It has always been my understanding that Target is not allowed to schedule a TM for 7 days in the same week without prior approval from TM and jumping through some hoops on MyTime as well. Has this changed?

Not asking for a friend. Asking as a TM who has been scheduled Sunday through Saturday on the 2 week out schedule.
Non-exempt TM’s at DC’s can’t work 7 consecutive days. Only 6 or 60 hrs. You can get a C/A for going over. We use a mandatory flex up/down schedule that rotates weekly by groups. Voluntary flex up/down is different.

Last edited:
Back in 2021, several inbound team members were scheduled over 14+ days in a row. This wasn't a one time occurrence either.
PC’s approve it. Right now B2 is on daily staffing decisions. So you won’t be approved until the day before if you’re even needed depending on your training. Get as many Certs as you can. I need a clamp, OP, and a RT. I have a scissor already.

Last edited:
We've seen it happen it my store where a TM is scheduled 8 days in a row, but it's over two schedules so not as obvious. More likely to happen during 4th quarter. And we were supposed to be asked first if it was okay.
Have you talked to whoever writes the schedule at your store?

Update: I asked the Inbound TL, as that was who was running the store this morning, about it and she told me that our ETL has been doing the same thing to some of her team members, but that ETL-HR is very against it and wants to make sure TMs get regular off days. I spoke to ETL-HR and she deleted a couple of the shifts.

There are scheduling requirements of no more than 7 days in a row but 7 is technically okay

Deffintely check with state laws to see if thry have rules against that. While it isnt exactly against policy its clearly a jerk move. Alao talk to who wrote the schedule and let them know sometimes it jiat slioa through the cracks espwcailly if alot of peoole asked foe time off and the etl was trying to reconfigure the schedule.

In a related matter if HR schedules you on a day you are "unavailable" wouldn't the scheduling software flag that?

If so can they override it and/or ignore it anyway?

A fellow TM got schedule on two days during the week he has never worked.

Back