Archived question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
does target require you to bring in a doctors note. i have a doctors note and i am planning on carrying it in to them when i go back to work so they will know i was not just out playing around but i was told it don't matter if you have one or not. does that mean all absences are unexcused? this is the first time i have called out. i have been there about 4 months. i have although used the swap shift sheet and had someone take a couple of my days in the past and i was told that affects my absences also, is that true?

Yes it does matter. Talk to your hr promptly. Don't call out 5 minutes before your shift. On notes, depends on your store. Good luck.

if you already have a doctors note then just bring it in for the hell of it.... lol.. it wont hurt..

It won't hurt to have it, but from my understanding is that it doesn't matter anyway. Unless the doctor note explains that you'll be out of work for a few days, they don't need it.

we accept them and file them - but as dustbunny said, it really doesn't matter unless there is a restriction or date you will be returning.

Your absence still counts against you. But some leadership will be a bit more kind when there is a doctor's note.

I was out for 3 days due to 2nd degree burns on my ankles and could NOT walk so my doc gave me a note stating that there was no way I could work due to the burns, so that was a case where my ETLs and STL didn't hold me being out against me, and in case they didn't believe the note, I took pics of the massive blisters encompassing my ankles and once they saw them, they were surprised I was back after only 3 days. It also helped that they got the note on my day off before it affected my scheduled hours....helps to have a family member work there who was able to drop the note off that day.

Unless your absences are FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) protected, they are considered unexcused. So what that means is that you must provide them with medical paperwork approving and explaining the absence. Once you've done that, your absences are protected and your average hours are also protected. Call the TBC Target Benefits Center's Leave and Disablity dept for further explanation. 800-828-5850
does target require you to bring in a doctors note. i have a doctors note and i am planning on carrying it in to them when i go back to work so they will know i was not just out playing around but i was told it don't matter if you have one or not. does that mean all absences are unexcused? this is the first time i have called out. i have been there about 4 months. i have although used the swap shift sheet and had someone take a couple of my days in the past and i was told that affects my absences also, is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back