Archived Questions about advancement

Status
Not open for further replies.

target tps

Assets Protection
I am doing orientation this Saturday 11/16 and I will be working as a TPS afterwards. This is my second run at Target. I was thinking of promoting to Senior TPS when there is a position open after my 90 days. What are the qualifications to promote to senior? Also if I want to go further for APTL or ETL-AP, what things should I do while I am a TPS? If I go straight to APTL or ETL-AP, do I need to be an APS before the other positions even though there aren't too many APS positions left? I have my bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and experience as a security officer in another company for five years as well as experience as a sales floor zoner, cashier and a TPS. I plan to stay in AP because it's my favorite department to work.

If you already have a degree...did you interview for a salaried position, or did you just apply for hourly?

If you already have a degree...did you interview for a salaried position, or did you just apply for hourly?

I applied for hourly TPS part-time to get familiar with Target again before I go for any other positions.

It may not turn out this way for you, but that is usually a mistake on the part of college graduates. AP is being greatly slimmed down as of late. AFAIK, APS positions are being not being filled, SrTPS positions aren't as easy to get as they used to be, AP leadership in stores is making a move away from ETL-AP to either APL or APTL (read, no team or paid hourly). Some districts have AP covering multiple stores. Some districts are sharing an APBP. This is all just what I've heard from my AP team, but they are usually right on the money. So you may find yourself stuck as a TPS for quite a while. Or you may not. Who knows?

It may not turn out this way for you, but that is usually a mistake on the part of college graduates. AP is being greatly slimmed down as of late. AFAIK, APS positions are being not being filled, SrTPS positions aren't as easy to get as they used to be, AP leadership in stores is making a move away from ETL-AP to either APL or APTL (read, no team or paid hourly). Some districts have AP covering multiple stores. Some districts are sharing an APBP. This is all just what I've heard from my AP team, but they are usually right on the money. So you may find yourself stuck as a TPS for quite a while. Or you may not. Who knows?

Yeah that's the thing that sucks. However I plan to be a TPS for a while. I don't want to rush getting promoted so soon. Unless a promotion happens at my full-time job. Hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back