Archived Questions about coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So, I had a question about a coupon prompt. Most of the time, the coupon will either automatically be put in once I scan it, or it says it's expired. But, there's another prompt I get that says something like "It's already in use" I can't remember the exact wording, but it's something along those lines and then it says "Accept anyway" or "Deny". Which one do you select and how do you know?

If your scanning items and it's for a 5 dollar giftcard with the purchase of those items. And it doesn't come up and then the guest proceeds to question and tell them that they saw a sign and so forth. Do you just call the GSTL over to have him walkie someone over there to either confirm or deny the sign because I know sometimes they're missing one item, or a certain part they forgot to read or the sign was misplaced or the sign was expired.

I looked through the other forums and none were able to answer my specific question, does anyone know how to answer this question:

"So, I had a question about a coupon prompt. Most of the time, the coupon will either automatically be put in once I scan it, or it says it's expired. But, there's another prompt I get that says something like "It's already in use" I can't remember the exact wording, but it's something along those lines and then it says "Accept anyway" or "Deny". Which one do you select and how do you know?"

The register will tell you how to submit the promt, usually K3.

I've had this pop up before. Make sure you're using only one manufactures coupon and one target coupon per product. If the guest had an issue, turn your blinking light on and ask your GSTL/GSA for assistance.

Hope that helps.

on expired coupons, do not take them. give them back to the guest.

If there expired Target web coupons, or copied Target web coupons, were allowed to rip them, write void over them (and marking through the barcode), or toss them (without giving them back to the guest).

Edit - Best Practice is, only to do this on repeated, fraud offenders. Don't do this on normal confused guests..

Last edited:
I had an issue the other day checking out....ALL of my coupons were "good" (expiration date was July 2013), yet the register kept saying they were all "expired" or "no items for this coupon" (even though I took one OFF the item as I was putting it on the belt)??? I think it was just a fluke and the cashier knew I wasn't trying to "get one over" so she just keyed all of them in manually. None were web coupons, either....and we DID notify the GSTL....

I ALWAYS have issues with target issued coupons for Clairol hair color. The prompt says I don't have it in my order but I clearly do. Accept anyway but pain in the butt.

I had an issue the other day checking out....ALL of my coupons were "good" (expiration date was July 2013), yet the register kept saying they were all "expired" or "no items for this coupon" (even though I took one OFF the item as I was putting it on the belt)??? I think it was just a fluke and the cashier knew I wasn't trying to "get one over" so she just keyed all of them in manually. None were web coupons, either....and we DID notify the GSTL....

Could be a glitch in the system. It's good that you made sure the GSTL knew about it. Kudos to you.

I ALWAYS have issues with target issued coupons for Clairol hair color. The prompt says I don't have it in my order but I clearly do. Accept anyway but pain in the butt.

I remember having similar issues with manufacturer's coupons for Herbal Essences and Aussie products a while back. The guest would have the correct items, but the register still didn't think they did.

Target coupons for People Magazine do this to. I'll even have the exact one pictured and it'll say it's not there.

Target coupons for People Magazine do this to. I'll even have the exact one pictured and it'll say it's not there.

This is why the POS allows us to accept the coupons, even if it can't find a matching item. The system isn't perfect, so we have no choice but to vibe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back