Archived Questions about getting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CartinalCopia

I have seen some TMs return to Spot after time away. I understand this is because of good standing in the company. But my question lies in this, does Spot take this away if a TM decides to take his work to say, a blue beelzebub of a big box store (W) across town? And years later tried to go back to Spot?
As far as that goes, will Spot penalize for leaving employment with them for any other job, or not hire you back because of certain jobs? Let me know your experience.

Thank you. A blue vampire moved in across town and honestly, after what I've been through lately they're looking like the best place to work right now, sadly. They're killing Spot, but I refuse to stay if it means anymore of this crap I've been trying to deal with. I think working at someplace like this is all about who you work with, and that's all there is to it. As my hyper, insane, 60-something original TL used to say, 'It's only T@.'

Don't make a huge deal of the fact that you're leaving and where you're going to and it shouldn't matter.

I'm a ghost-er anyway. I always give my two weeks, I always tell those who need to know, but then I don't tell anyone else, leave and don't go back.

Use all vacation & personal leave before you go
So there's no vacation payout anymore? And what's the difference between personal and vacation? Every time I tried to ask HR about this, he skirted the issue and wouldn't answer straight. (New HR won't talk to me hardly at all except for her super fake greetings. Anytime I have an issue with something, she tries to disengage very quickly or just stares at me. I believe my disorder makes her deeply uncomfortable... which is a great attribute for an HR)

So there's no vacation payout anymore? And what's the difference between personal and vacation? Every time I tried to ask HR about this, he skirted the issue and wouldn't answer straight. (New HR won't talk to me hardly at all except for her super fake greetings. Anytime I have an issue with something, she tries to disengage very quickly or just stares at me. I believe my disorder makes her deeply uncomfortable... which is a great attribute for an HR)

Depends on your state. Some mandate a vacation payout, others don't. Will You Be Paid for Unused Vacation or Sick Time if Fired? - https://www.thebalancecareers.com/do-you-get-paid-for-unused-time-if-you-re-fired-2060734 This is just the first result when I consult Google.

As for personal, I think HLM means sick time. The above link indicates that there are no laws mandating payout of sick time, just company contracts. So definitely use up any sick time you may have accrued no matter where you live.

Personal, as in personal holidays?
Those need to be used up like vay-cay unless you're in a state that mandates payout.

So there's no vacation payout anymore? And what's the difference between personal and vacation? Every time I tried to ask HR about this, he skirted the issue and wouldn't answer straight.

Difference Between Vacation and Personal Holiday.PNG

Your average hours needs to be at least 19.5 to accrue vacation hours.

Your average hours needs to be at least 29.5 in order to accrue personal holiday.

Here is some info about payouts:

Payout Hours - Copy.PNG

I have seen some TMs return to Spot after time away. I understand this is because of good standing in the company. But my question lies in this, does Spot take this away if a TM decides to take his work to say, a blue beelzebub of a big box store (W) across town? And years later tried to go back to Spot?
As far as that goes, will Spot penalize for leaving employment with them for any other job, or not hire you back because of certain jobs? Let me know your experience.

Unless you left on terms that make you not rehireable, who cares where you worked.

Thanks, all. I know some of these question sound foolish, but thanks to some people... uh, putting the fear of Spot into team members, the facts get murky sometimes. (Also having worked for private businesses before and experiencing their petty wrath doesn't help)

Don't make a huge deal of the fact that you're leaving and where you're going to and it shouldn't matter.
This!
We had a TM make a huge deal out of it, bad mouthing target and her TL on social media. She has been gone for almost 2 years and has been trying to come back for over 1 1/2 years lol. Everytime she applies, it's an instant turn down because of how she handled her departure from Target.
We have had several Team Members come back to target after leaving, but they all left on good terms and we were happy to have them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back