Archived Questions about quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you go and ask them for the voluntary termination form, will they ask why you're quitting? I want to quit but I don't want to ask for the form with HR asking out loud "oh why are you quitting???" and have other TMs listening in. And I've only worked there for 3 months, but I've been a really great TM, is it worth mentioning Target on my resume for when I go looking for a job?

They shouldn't, it's not professional.
If they do, you have every right not to answer.

three months is three months.
It depends on what else you have for your resume.

Sorry you're thinking about quitting but Corvus has pretty much covered you on the information front.

I have no business knowing why you have decided this but I can tell you that you should stay a little longer even if it's just another month because even though Target seems to have a no reference policy and will probably only verify dates of employment it would sound a lot nicer to a prospective employer on both application and verifying dates of employment that you stayed past the initial 90 days of probation :D

Lol, I know how you feel. When I left as the signing person (being theres only one in the store) I think 6 people from management came and asked me, ranging from ETL's to just TL's... so yeah its no fun.
If I were you though just ask for the form and say I'd rather not say right now.. It actually asks on the form anyways. (well it used to 2 years ago)

Keep it professional, work your 2 weeks & don't burn bridges.
A future employer would be wary of someone who didn't give adequate notice/jump ship on a whim.
You never know what may happen down the road.

Yeah I didn't want to burn any bridges in case I need a job at target again. Its just closing almost every night is affecting my education since I have classes early in the morning, and not enough sleep = not being able to focus at all. I'm not leaving target because I want to work somewhere else instead; I asked about the resume thing in case Target won't take me back when school's over. I already gave my 2 weeks notice, thank you everyone for your advice

Last edited:
You're welcome and Good luck with school :)

In the future if you don't like opening or closing due to future school endeavours you could submit a availability change on eHR MAX to where it basically shows that you wish to only work a certain time frame for scheduling. They aren't post to schedule against availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back