Archived Questions about sales floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have told you the expected ours at your interview. Did you let them know your what availability and travel arrangements were?

What about a moped?

How far are you from the store?

Nope. They never told me that this was going to be late night shifts. I told them upfront that I would be relying on public transportation. They seemed to have ignored everything I told them.

I cannot afford any vehicle(hence why I have a job), nor do I have a license.

I am 2 miles from the store, but to be blunt, it's a urban area where I am NOT comfortable traveling through on public transportation or via bike.

I can understand not wanting to travel in a dangerous area at night.
On the other hand, a heavy duty bike chain makes a very effective weapon.

You might want to check with coworkers and see if there is anyone you can carpool with.

I can understand not wanting to travel in a dangerous area at night.
On the other hand, a heavy duty bike chain makes a very effective weapon.

You might want to check with coworkers and see if there is anyone you can carpool with.

yeah, you have to get it off the bike first.

I have already checked, and no one goes my way. Everyone goes the opposite way.

You can talk to them about it but, if you accepted the job with open availability, they may decide to cut you loose since you're under your 90 days.

So much for the "flexibility" I guess? The way this company represents itself is totally different than the way it really is.

They TOLD me that they would be understanding and respect my concerns.

I guess not.

You can talk to them about it but, if you accepted the job with open availability, they may decide to cut you loose since you're under your 90 days.

So much for the "flexibility" I guess? The way this company represents itself is totally different than the way it really is.
I guess not.
Assuming you did them at the interview, you're means of transport?

I guess not.

Yes. I brought this up very early in my interviews.

I guess not.

Yes. I brought this up very early in my interviews.

they forgot the deal at the interview, used the application with the availability listed against you.

they forgot the deal at the interview, used the application with the availability listed against you.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what this means.

they forgot the deal at the interview, used the application with the availability listed against you.

Probably whoever interviewed you didn't write that important piece of information down and it never got to HR.
HR is just scheduling based on what they see as open availability.
I would go talk to your HR ETL, explain that it was discussed during the interview and what you limitations are.
You are not asking for a great deal and hopefully if you don't have management that are a bag of dicks they'll help you out.

Last edited:
Requesting not to close is a big deal. Everyone should have to close.

If they really had been paying attention when you said that in your interview, it's likely they wouldn't have offered you the job.

Probably whoever interviewed you didn't write that important piece of information down and it never got to HR.
HR is just scheduling based on what they see as open availability.
I would go talk to your HR ETL, explain that it was discussed during the interview and what you limitations are.
You are not asking for a great deal and hopefully if you don't have management that are a bag of dicks they'll help you out.

Thanks for your help and info. My first two days were a less than positive experience, and I really hope that they understand my situation. I'm really scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back