Archived Quick question about changing availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this site (that is incredibly helpful by the way) and about a week and a half in since starting as a cashier at Target. I've gotten most of the duties down but there are still a few things I'm trying to get the hang of.

I've been available whenever for the time being, but as summer ends, I won't be available during some of the times I have been working because of school starting in August. So I was just wondering, who do I talk to about changing my availability for school?

You do it on the computer. At least two weeks before school starts.

Also I would do it as soon as possible. The system lets you specify exactly when the new availability will start, so it won't affect your hours until then.

Both of these answers are incredibly helpful. Thank you very much.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can change your availability until you are there 90 days..if your gstl/tsc staff is flexible they might be able to let you do it but I don't know if mytime is flexible.

You may have to ask several times. Just be firm but polite. Depending on your etl they may not want to, since you are within your 90 days. Hopefully when they hired you you told them you only had open availability until school started, because if you did and they agreed they have to change. Especially if you got it in writing.

For school, they will allow an availability change. Just remind your ETL-HR and area ETL. Plus get be sure to get it in ASAP or you will be stuck with your original availablity. You may have to submit a copy of your schedule as well.

So I tried changing it online yesterday at work and found out that my store is just barely changing from MAX to MyTime so I haven't been able to change anything on eHR. There were papers posted by the break room that it would be done by the 20th.

I figured I would need to get my availability in by this week in order to get it, but after the change over, how long should it take for me to be able to access the site again?

So I tried changing it online yesterday at work and found out that my store is just barely changing from MAX to MyTime so I haven't been able to change anything on eHR. There were papers posted by the break room that it would be done by the 20th.

I figured I would need to get my availability in by this week in order to get it, but after the change over, how long should it take for me to be able to access the site again?

If there's a paper form you can fill out for availability, do it and give it to HR ASAP.

Talk to your HR with no delay. You are probably okay as far as notice goes, but they usually like being let know in July about upcoming school availability since it affects a lot of TMs and they need to plan hiring needs/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back