Archived Quickly moving towards GSTL promotion...advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

So, I've been at Target for about 10 weeks as a hardlines TM. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, I was approached casually by the hardlines ETL who asked me general questions about how I was doing, have I thought about my future at the store, where did I see myself in the long run...etc. She also mentioned that she and some of the other leaders had been "watching me..in a good way!"

So maybe a week later, the STL of the store came up to me and pulled me aside so he could "get to know me," and he asked a lot of the same questions. He came up to me 2 days after that and said that there was a GSTL position opening up at the end of the summer, and would I be interested.

I said I was, since I figure it would be silly to pass up on an advancement opportunity. So, since I expressed interest, they have hit the ground running with me. I don't have an interview date set yet, but I guess the hire ups know that I'm interested. I've come into work early and sat in on the LOD meeting, I've stayed late to work one on one with the STL, and the STL is looking for more opportunities to get with me to show me the ins and outs of the job, the front end, and of course red cards... as well as work on interview prep.

So, I gotta say, this is a little crazy! I feel like this is all moving so fast, but I am excited for the opportunity. Do you have any tips for me going forward? I still feel so new to Target in general, and I have very little front end experience at the store (I only ring when they call for back up). Any advice or input would be awesome! I don't want to blow this opportunity!

Take it! What is your red cards average? Are you driving sales? Filling product to the shelves? Great guest service?

I'm definitely going to take it. My STL told me he'd hire me today if he could, but I need a little more prep (and the interview, obviously).

I don't have a red card average because I rarely ring, so my STL is going to work with me to get me more confident selling guests on them.

I assume I'm doing something right as far as guest service, etc.. because I haven't been here long, but I've clearly made an impression on all the supervisors... Everything has just happened so fast

You need know your numbers for red cards & speed. You never know when a dtl will come up to you & ask that question. the gstl can give you that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back