Archived quitting and over it- should i call out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi.
never posted on here before, but im quitting. my last official day is january 2nd. i've only been there since september- i was a beauty tm, and they REALLY were not willing to work with my school schedule. not only that, but we were not treated like a modernization area, we were always given double the work that we could complete and then punished for not being able to finish. really, a lot of abuse of power from the store and it took a great physical and mental toll on me.
i was guilted into staying longer than i needed to, and i've been scheduled for three shifts that i can't bring myself to do. should i call out three times in a row? i'm leaving anyway, and since i wasn't even there for very long i won't be using them as a reference on my resume. since im a beauty tm, there are only three people who are able to take the shift, and its unlikely any of them will.

Do you ever plan on working a Target again? If not, there’s not even a need to call. Just don’t show up. They’ll mark you as not-rehireable, that’s all. If that’s not a big deal then just stop showing up. If it is, then just call and tell them that you can’t make it for those shifts and they might be willing to make you as re-hireable.

Just put in in your resignation effective immediately. I know it seems unnecessary and you might feel awkward doing it, but its the right thing do. It seems like a small gesture, but its the right thing do. Please do the right thing, no matter how small and insignificant it may seem.

Just put in in your resignation effective immediately. I know it seems unnecessary and you might feel awkward doing it, but its the right thing do. It seems like a small gesture, but its the right thing do. Please do the right thing, no matter how small and insignificant it may seem.
i don't think im able to do that since ive already resigned officially, and it doesn't look like i can change it anywhere on workday. how would it affect the schedule differently than if i just called out? they'd still be down a person, and they still wouldn't have anyone to take the shifts. i'm saying this in curiosity, because i really don't know the procedure when that happens.

Pick up the phone, call your store, ask for the LOD, tell them you put in prior notice but are now quitting effective immediately.
thanks. i’m planning on doing my shifts this weekend and then quitting afterward this way. question- will direct deposit happen for my last paycheck or will i need to come in and pick it up?

thanks. i’m planning on doing my shifts this weekend and then quitting afterward this way. question- will direct deposit happen for my last paycheck or will i need to come in and pick it up?
Ask HR when you go in for your next shift.

hi.
never posted on here before, but im quitting. my last official day is january 2nd. i've only been there since september- i was a beauty tm, and they REALLY were not willing to work with my school schedule. not only that, but we were not treated like a modernization area, we were always given double the work that we could complete and then punished for not being able to finish. really, a lot of abuse of power from the store and it took a great physical and mental toll on me.
i was guilted into staying longer than i needed to, and i've been scheduled for three shifts that i can't bring myself to do. should i call out three times in a row? i'm leaving anyway, and since i wasn't even there for very long i won't be using them as a reference on my resume. since im a beauty tm, there are only three people who are able to take the shift, and its unlikely any of them will.
Can I ask why you don’t want to call? It’s not that hard, I mean you could just call and let them know you won’t be coming in.

You only have three shifts left, why not work them out and then be done with them. It would look better in the long term. I know it can be mentally draining in the short term but it will look better on you in the long term to finish it out.
Someone needs to promote you as moderator here. Great words of encouragement!

You can quit on the spot and then tell them you can’t do your last 2 weeks because your leaving out of the country for good that day but that would look horrible because then they have to reach out to you to get paid for the last day for you

It's better for you to call out than it is for you to be termed for job abandonment (they can still term you for that even though you've already submitted a resignation).

Secondly, even though you're having issues with your leadership, it's not fair to your coworkers for you to just NCNS for 3 shifts. Talk to your ETL right away and just let them know you won't be able to work your last 3 shifts. They can change your resignation on their end and this way you'll still get paid on your last day working rather than having to wait for your check in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back