Archived Quitting: How To Do It

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just accepted a job offer someplace that pays almost twice as much as I get paid currently and I'd get commission on everything I'd sell.
The problem? I have to quit Target. Now, don't get me wrong, I've been thinking hardcore of quitting recently--the hour cuts and the promises of better things that never happen is just a little too much for me now.

How do I quit? I mean, I'm giving my two weeks, and all that, in case my new job doesn't feel right. But, who do I talk to?
I mean, anyone I know who has quit has just up and quit, without notice or anything like that.

Thanks guys!

Congrats on the new job.
Always good to hear about folks doing well.

Written notice to the ETL HR should pretty much cover it.
Or the classic just stop showing up.

Congrats on the new job.

I don't want to be deemed non rehire able if the time comes that I want to reapply, or if a potential employee actually calls my former employers. Plus, I respect my TLs and ETLS too much to just stop showing up.

Congrats on the new job.

I don't want to be deemed non rehire able if the time comes that I want to reapply, or if a potential employee actually calls my former employers. Plus, I respect my TLs and ETLS too much to just stop showing up.

Wow. Thinking ahead to not burning bridges, AND thinking about the position your store people will be in as far as covering your shifts is concerned, etc...

You've either read "The Art of War", you are desiring a corporate post and it is temporarily out of reach, or, God Help Us All, you are truly one of the last people in the working world of retail who takes things remotely seriously ( take that with a grain of salt, contradictory as it may seem ), and has genuine respect for their fellow co-workers, leaders, and customers...

Any way you play it, may you have much luck, may your good fortune last a lifetime, and, if it pans out...

...Remember us humble folks on the Breakroom and tell us HOW YOU DID IT!!!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back