Archived Quitting Target: question about benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
After almost 8 years at Target, I just got a job offer for an office job making twice what I make now.
I am super, SUPER excited. No more 4am, 2am or overnights, working Holidays...

Anyways, I am going to turn in my resignation tomorrow. I have about 15 hours of PTO and 90 hours of vacation.
What happens to that? Will they pay it to me or will I lose it? Can I work the next 2 weeks and take another week off to use some vacation?

you will have to use your pto or loose it,you will get paid for your vacation time as far as I know , congratulations on your new job.

From another thread:
Any vay-cay/sick hrs accrued before 12/31/15 will be paid out on your last check.
Any accrued after that will be forfeit unless you put in to use it before your last day.
Remember that you can't exceed your weekly avg when putting in vay-cay so you might have to extend your last day to include those hours. Sick pay use will depend on your state & may have to be used in the same fashion.
Look on your last paycheck of 2015 to see how many hours you can get paid out THEN look to see how many accrued in 2016 that you'll need to use before leaving.

redeye58, Yesterday at 5:41 PM

You can't use any of your new 2016 vacation hours until all of your old hours are used up though. So unfortunately any hours you've accrued since Jan 1, you will lose those. But you'll get paid for the old ones.

I'm not sure about personal time but if use-it-or-lose-it is true you'll want to at least try to use that up before you leave.

Ok thank you. I'll talk to the HR lady today.
I average 40 hours because of overtime (I am plano and get 40 hours/week so my regular average is 39.67 hours for example). The good thing is that they've cut our hours the last couple weeks so I've been able to use a lot of my PTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back