Archived Quitting to become a hermit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean. Not really. But my new job is in a city named Hermitage and it's in an office where I don't have to interact with the general public. OH MY GOD, I have a grown-up job. It's full-time non-exempt, I get benefits, I get vacation time and sick pay that I'm actually encouraged to use, I get paid holidays... and I DON'T HAVE TO INTERACT WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC. I am so happy I could die.

I'm going to miss my team so much though. I have loved working at Starbucks. It'd be my favorite job ever if it weren't for guests. I love my team. I told my team lead I was leaving and she looked at me like I kicked her puppy. I felt so bad. And I'm a bit worried for how the team will go now - no one else ever even touches the manuals, and our TL only gets one SB shift a week since she's been given market and they yell at her if she even tries to come over to check up on us. I know I can't be responsible for what happens after I'm gone, and it was so stressful that this is a good change for me, but I can't help but feel like I'm letting them all down a little.

But whatever. I have a great new job, my life is going to get so much better because of it, and I'll still probably be in Target all the freaking time anyway haha. YEAH, hermit job!!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Congrats!

I did the desk job thing for about 7 years. Part of it working in a call center type environment but most of it not dealing with the general public. It's great...until you get co-workers that are worse than the general public. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back