Quitting

Sisyphus

Cat Herder
Would it work if one put in for two weeks and one day of vacation and then put in two weeks notice the first day of vacation?

A coworker did that a couple years ago. Got fed up but wanted to use up her vacation time first. Left leadership blindsided, but that was their own fault for nagging her constantly over stupid shit. Had her vacation time and then didn't come back.

I would take as much as my vacation as I could then quit.

Depending on your job you might not have any hours come in January anyway.

I would also not put in your two weeks until the new schedule is posted.

Target might just say goodbye and tell your leave now anyway though.

Last edited:
I put in my 2 weeks notice then posted all my shifts (it wasn’t in December). Everyone picked up my shifts except the last one that was a Saturday. Then I called in. Cashed out all my vaca up to 40 hours each week and didn’t go back.

I put in my 2 weeks notice then posted all my shifts (it wasn’t in December). Everyone picked up my shifts except the last one that was a Saturday. Then I called in. Cashed out all my vaca up to 40 hours each week and didn’t go back.
Could not love that more!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

I did my 2 wks, walked out and haven't set foot in the store since. (I do go to other Target stores). Took some of the money and bought a car.

Just so everyone knows, Target now considers time off as a gift so you better take it before you leave or you won't be paid out that time. Go check the handbook.

It changed in 2021 maybe 2022 in the handbook. Don't hold me to the exact year but the change has been in the past 5 years. Also, this is for non-exempts. Exempts are different.

Last edited:
Remember you have the right to your benefits after you put in your resignation notice, and this includes vacation. This implies that HR will work with you on using your vacation. Correct me if I'm wrong but Target strongly discourages HR from screwing people out of these situations, and encourages HR to work with the team member to use up their vacation before termination. The key is to plan in advance and work with your HR leader, and not be in too much of a hurry to leave.

I saw one TL throw away about 80 hours because they wanted to leave immediately. That's a couple thousand dollars down the crapper!

Remember you have the right to your benefits after you put in your resignation notice, and this includes vacation. This implies that HR will work with you on using your vacation. Correct me if I'm wrong but Target strongly discourages HR from screwing people out of these situations, and encourages HR to work with the team member to use up their vacation before termination. The key is to plan in advance and work with your HR leader, and not be in too much of a hurry to leave.

I saw one TL throw away about 80 hours because they wanted to leave immediately. That's a couple thousand dollars down the crapper!
Wrong when one of my leaders was quoting hr said why is did I give him vacay and not just term him .
I was like wtf the vacay was given over a month prior and the guy was moving out of state and using that time to move . He gave me 2 months notice and hr wanted me to just term before his vacay .

Wrong when one of my leaders was quoting hr said why is did I give him vacay and not just term him .
I was like wtf the vacay was given over a month prior and the guy was moving out of state and using that time to move . He gave me 2 months notice and hr wanted me to just term before his vacay .
That's gross. Thanks for sharing that, because obviously this is an ASANTS situation. Our store does not do that and our HRBP wouldn't let us fool around like that.

Back