Archived Quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this board, but I have a question regarding quitting. I have been with target for about 4 months now and I am happy here, but my college has just started its spring semester and I cannot keep both this job and do well in 17 units worth of classes, so I'm afraid I will need to resign from this job. What I would like to know is how I would be able to go about it. How do I tell Target about me quitting and who do I talk to? I am a part-time hardlines team member so would I still need to give them a 30 day notice? If someone could walk me through the steps I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
nliew

Talk to your ETL-HR and let them know what's up. Two weeks notice is standard. You may also see about only working once a week or something to stay on the schedule so you'll have the job if you have more time to work during the summer.

As others have said, either reduce your availability or take an educational LOA. You'll want to be able to work during the summer, and it's nice to have a fallback option in the future.

It's nice to have income during college but if you don't need to work then more power to you. I worked 20 hours a week during college with 15 units per semester no sweat. Probably a bit more difficult with the wacky Target scheduling but you can adjust your availability as mentioned.

For my last 2 years of college, I maintained around 15 hours + long computer lab hours and worked Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays anywhere from 12 to 15 hours.

I've averaged between 20 and 30 for the past 4 years as a full time student. If I wasn't working, I guarantee that time would be wasted.

Just take a LOA! its the more pratical thing to do, you can work during the summer & holidays.
back in college i was on Presentation (4am store) then after work i would head to school for class. not bad, i maintained :D
but like stated above, if u dont need to work then more power to ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back