Archived R/showerthoughts kinda thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
what if everyone on thebreakroom.org ran a store together

I honestly think it'd be a shit storm that would go awry so fucking quick...even though most of us seem to be invested in our daily work life.....anyone got thoughts on this?

edit: Obviously to me -- some departments would fair better in this situation but I think it might be the best Target ever if we knew it was us from this site making it happen. Kind of a mental thing.

or a union thing ...Im gonna go cower in the corner now and hope I dont get fired

I dunno, I think it could actually go very well. We all know the problems, and a lot of us have good solutions - we just can't implement them because corporate says we have to do things their way. Strong-minded can be ok, as long as TMs are moving toward the same goal. I've worked in organizations with a lot of strong-minded people, and it wasn't always a case of too many cooks in the kitchen at all. In the more successful places, we all had our roles that utilized our talents, and it was great in a lot of ways.

Go here please.
another instance of me not using search function because I remember how bad they were and probably still are on message boards like this but really my bad I shouldve at least searched....hate doing repeat posts but what idea is new here besides modernization-- hhaha

I dunno, I think it could actually go very well. We all know the problems, and a lot of us have good solutions - we just can't implement them because corporate says we have to do things their way. Strong-minded can be ok, as long as TMs are moving toward the same goal. I've worked in organizations with a lot of strong-minded people, and it wasn't always a case of too many cooks in the kitchen at all. In the more successful places, we all had our roles that utilized our talents, and it was great in a lot of ways.
yeah I do actually dig owning our own area now but it's been 6 months and they say if we keep doing what we're doing it eventually will even out and become a very fluid shift where we can do all the tasks but it's literally still as bad as week 4 of this shit. Sure we adjusted but nothing is improving and there are NO ways to make it faster or more efficient. It's day by day of course but often there isn't a way to get the people who are strong in some areas to finish the job. Being set up for failure means no one is good at their job. Most of what I said didn't relate to your post sorry. Rambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back