Archived Rain Checks in Cosmetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am hoping to have an issue cleared up for me and I apologize in advance for a silly question.

I am wondering what the best practice is for rain checks in the cosmetics section. If a certain lipstick is on sale, and we are out of many colors, do we make a rain check for each color we are out of? Quite some time ago we were instructed not to do rain checks for tables in softlines specifically because of the way it looked (stl didn't like the look of rain check pads all over the table). Is this the same for cosmetics? It does seem like it might be a bit confusing for a guest who wishes to purchase an item in cosmetics and there are all these signs and rain checks in a row. Granted, I know there is a spot to write down the item missing.

Thank you. I just wish to get some definitive feedback on what works best.

Best practice would be to do it but it's not practical and is too time consuming. I used to just skip it unless there was a Rig. Ask your TL.

It does seem like it might be a bit confusing for a guest who wishes to purchase an item in cosmetics and there are all these signs and rain checks in a row.

It's confusing even without the raincheck pads. I never did it when I was on instocks, but you can double check with your TL.

i would just tie them in but dont' set the raincheck up in the aisle. just bundle them together in a drawer or something and wait till the ad is over to reuse those rainchecks. That way your raincheck effectiveness doesn't fall into red. if the guest did want a rain check, cashiers can 9801-DPCI for it. plus rainchecks in cosmetics is never going to stay put like the softlines tables.

i would just tie them in but dont' set the raincheck up in the aisle. just bundle them together in a drawer or something and wait till the ad is over to reuse those rainchecks. That way your raincheck effectiveness doesn't fall into red. if the guest did want a rain check, cashiers can 9801-DPCI for it. plus rainchecks in cosmetics is never going to stay put like the softlines tables.

Won't using 9801+DPCI still hurt the rain check effectiveness score?

Since a rain check pad was recorded, no impact on any 9801's after that time.

If you have to type in 9801+DPCI, then is the rain check pad really effective?

If you have to type in 9801+DPCI, then is the rain check pad really effective?

The way Rainchecks are scored in the Raincheck Effectiveness % is pretty simple. If an item is 9801'ed at the register, it checks to see if there is a pad tied to that DPCI. If there is not it hurts you, if there is it is not scored! Now the actual scoring takes place overnight, so you have until the end of the day to set up a pad and to keep that DPCI from hurting you! What the previous posters are saying is that if you simply tie a pad to every ad out (including cosmetics), then you run no risk of the score dropping...

HOWEVER, there is an exclusion list on workbench. It is a list of departments that are never scored with raincheck effectiveness... I believe cosmetics is one of these departments, therefore making setting up pads completely useless since you could 9801 them and it will purposely not check to see if a pad is tied or not! Someone will have to double check this since I am not in Instocks anymore, but it is a rather large list and excludes many departments (shoes, softlines tables, lawn and patio) because best practice says to not set up rainchecks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back