• Thread starter TargetHopeful2012
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TargetHopeful2012

How does a TL or ETL know if they have been identified as high potential to promote within a certain time period? Are these specific TL's/ETL's told this?

Usually promotions happened between 6 months to 18 months. My suggestion is do your job stellar & beat the numbers.

No, your ETL-HR has a pretty tight leash on the Succession spreadsheet or "pipeline" as it's been called. Usually just the ETL-HR and STL know what's going on with it.

FS, is correct.
Here is a quote from another thread, confirming it.
Succession Planning is updated every month, it will list every TL and Rx Tech's strengths and opportunities as well as how long they have been in position, when they are planned to either be termed, promoted, or moved based on their current performance, and any tm's in the workings to be a TL and when they will be ready. It's not accessible to anyone outside ETL-HR's and STL's. It will also list the TL's in order from bottom %10 to High Potential.
Sorry for the confusion, my store is very slow on this process. We have lost another tl, the other day.

Succession Planning is easy to find - if you know where to look. It will indicate TL promotions/transfers and TMs who are in the pipeline.

I mean if you're decent with Windows, you can use any PC in your store to browse through your ETL-HR's/STL's computer desktop/documents. But that's only if they're dumb enough to save HR docs on their local machine as opposed to keeping it in MySite like they're supposed to.

I mean if you're decent with Windows, you can use any PC in your store to browse through your ETL-HR's/STL's computer desktop/documents. But that's only if they're dumb enough to save HR docs on their local machine as opposed to keeping it in MySite like they're supposed to.

Hahaha

Succession Plans and Pipeline grids actually have to be stored on Sharepoint, so your HRBP and DTL can look at succession. As far as being identified they keep that stuff under pretty tight wraps, but there are tall tail signs that they are developing you. Trust me, went through it!

Sharepoint is what I meant. Been out of the Target loop for too long now.

How does a TL or ETL know if they have been identified as high potential to promote within a certain time period? Are these specific TL's/ETL's told this?

You should be having AE discussions with your ETL quarterly. They should be sharing with you if they are looking at you for promotion or asking questions to gauge your interest. If you are not performing it'd be the same sort of scenario

You should be having AE discussions with your ETL quarterly. They should be sharing with you if they are looking at you for promotion or asking questions to gauge your interest. If you are not performing it'd be the same sort of scenario

ha! I'd love to say I have had such discussions with my ETL each quarter! (now I've been with big red for Q3 and Q4 2012 and now Q1 2013). I didn't have an ETL for most of Q3, and a very new in role ETL since Q4.
I've barely cobbled together one leadership status on the vibe walks. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back