Archived Re-hire? Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked for Target for about five years. At my first store I stayed about four years and decided to leave on good terms when things got rough with management. A couple months later I realized how much I missed it and I desperately wanted to go back even though my life was a little bumpy. I got hired at a different location and HR and my teamleads worked with me even though I was having an extremely difficult time. With my performance deteriorating everyone decided it was best that I take a leave of absence given my situation and I did for about a month. When that ended I returned and I was ready to tackle the endless gobacks that I missed so much. Unfortunately two days after I returned, I ended up in the hospital for about a month. Unable to call, I was forced to abandon my job. Now, fully recovered(six months later) I want to back to another location near me. I know that I've probably been marked not rehirable but I heard that after a certain amount of time your status changes and that you get a clean slate if you were not TERMED. Is that true? Can anyone verify that? The old HR and teamleads are no longer there so I'm afraid that they won't care and they'll just end up not helping me. Is there anyway I can get this changed? I miss Target and returning would help my life go back to normal.

Since none of the TLs/ETLs are there anymore all you can do is apply online and hope you get hired.

I have always heard that an involuntary term is for life....

But apply online anyway. Worst case scenario? You never get a phone call.

If they call you, it is pretty much a sure thing that you are eligible to be re-hired.... otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Try applying to the closest store to you. See what happens. During the month you were out. Did anyone from your family talk to spot? I am thinking that for the benefits side..

Nobody called for me. I was newish there so not a lot of people knew I was working there. I'm going to try and apply. But I keep hearing/seeing that my status may change after 6-12 months.

No, this is not true. People that were hired and termed a long time ago might not be able to have thier rehire status checked due to systems issue and limitations, but if you are a current or recent employee, you will be forever categorized as non-rehireable. That said, you are still able to be rehired. That is at the discretion of your new hiring HR team to decide if they want to rehire you even though you are categorized as non-hireable. What do you mean you were unable to call? Why didn't you have a family member call? Why didn't you call your work location a few hours or days later when you felt well enough to talk on the phone atleast? Job Abandoning is never really acceptable, always call as soon as you are able, in this case whatever time it took for you to be recovered enough to call or go into work to tell them about your medical emergency. Some states require 5 scheduled no call no shows before you will be termed, others only 3.
I have worked for Target for about five years. At my first store I stayed about four years and decided to leave on good terms when things got rough with management. A couple months later I realized how much I missed it and I desperately wanted to go back even though my life was a little bumpy. I got hired at a different location and HR and my teamleads worked with me even though I was having an extremely difficult time. With my performance deteriorating everyone decided it was best that I take a leave of absence given my situation and I did for about a month. When that ended I returned and I was ready to tackle the endless gobacks that I missed so much. Unfortunately two days after I returned, I ended up in the hospital for about a month. Unable to call, I was forced to abandon my job. Now, fully recovered(six months later) I want to back to another location near me. I know that I've probably been marked not rehirable but I heard that after a certain amount of time your status changes and that you get a clean slate if you were not TERMED. Is that true? Can anyone verify that? The old HR and teamleads are no longer there so I'm afraid that they won't care and they'll just end up not helping me. Is there anyway I can get this changed? I miss Target and returning would help my life go back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back