Archived really getting annoyed with lack of supplies :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your gift registry uses special paper? We just cram whatever color laser printer paper is handy in TSC into those infernal machines and hope they choke on it (during someone else's shift)

Also we've been out of large bags all weekend because of an ordering SNAFU. Honestly the guests complain less about it than my 77 year old cashier. He loves to complain.

We have the rolled paper in those stupid machines. That only one GSTL and me know how to change. And it screams empty at half a roll, so it wastes half a rain forest every time we change it out.

Posting this from break. My store ran out of medium bags. The rest of the day is going to be interesting.

When Target says "stock up and save" they should really take their own advice.

GTC to you for finding the DPCIs!
By not ringing items under the SB div (254), the loss of sales for that area would take a steep nosedive which - in turn - would decimate their hrs.

You're kidding right? No one would be able to correct for that? Just ignore it and don't schedule anyone because that's what the system says. Blind obedience.

I know the frustration. I bring my own pens to work, if it is slow and I am low on supplies I "barrow" from the furthest register which ironically has the most supplies but is never used outside of 4Q.

I wonder what the margin is on a pack of paper towels and how much those tape handles cost.

Folks...the fun of ordering supplies is this:

1) figuring out what you need: this can be easy or hard, depending on what people are screaming for and how easy it is to find various things stashed around the store.
2) placing the order (and praying the person you asked to do it actually is able to find everything on sap if you don't have numbers).
3) the waiting game. It is a minimum two weeks before what you ordered will actually begin to show up.
4) it's like Christmas! No, really...because when stuff comes in, you have no idea if you will get what you need. Will you get the correct baby kits or the ones that expired last summer? Will you get the wine bottle bags you so desperately need, or will it just be the coupon paper on today's shipment?
5) After three weeks from placing the last order, place another order, re-ordering all of the original stuff plus all the stuff you are now out of, and wait a few more weeks to see what shows up.

All the while listening to people complain that we are out of supplies, but know we can't do anything about it until the DC decides to send it.

It's all loads of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back