Archived Really really embarrassing question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a new TM. A cashier, soo i guess dont much time with walkies. id just like to know cuz ive been avoiding using one for 2 weeks now. but which button do i hit on the walkie to respond? :|. Really embarrassing i know..but i dont wanna make a fool of myself

Always wait a second or two before speaking after you press the button or the first part of what you have to say will get cut off.

One changes channels, another locks the channel you're on & the other was a freq adj (I think). It's been more than a yr since I last used one. ;)

Yeah, It took two days before someone explained to me that what looked like a speaker was actually the talk button...

The walkies are a little intimidating at first. I tell everyone I've taught to use the walkie that they will make a fool out of themselves on it, but so has everyone else so don't worry too much about it and just go for it.

Why does everyone at my store hold the walkie upside down and talk into the speaker? Isn't the microphone at the top above the "talk" button?

I hold mine like that, even though I know the mic is up top. Reason: I want that speaker free & clear because I can't hear jack sh** from those eating the walkie. Basically, I hold it in a way I can speak loud & clear to them, but leave it open to hear them, instead of partially blocking the speaker as I hold it in the normal fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back