Archived Rear Seasonal Christmas Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFSFun

Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!
Anyone else notice something critically important missing in this rendering? (besides no support beams holding the roof up)
03-Wondershop-In-Store-Marketing.jpg

Yep...

Those red ornament shippers are a pain in the ass to build!!! Did my first one last night to store in our extra trailer until I can drag it to the floor Monday night. Took 2 hours and I am still not quite finished with it.

Those red ornament shippers are a pain in the ass to build!!! Did my first one last night to store in our extra trailer until I can drag it to the floor Monday night. Took 2 hours and I am still not quite finished with it.

Our signing TM built 2 red ones and they are taking up 4 pallet spaces under the steel :(. I was a huge fan of color-coding the ornament fixtures to match the ornament tags. It stupid-proofed pushing for the flow team. I can only imagine what a CF it'll look like for pushers and zoners.

Tree tables are on the right side out of view on this picture. I believe there are 4 tables.
So on the other side of that aisle?

I built the ornament focals on pallets. After I sort and remove all the parts from the box, I put the top and bottom of the box on the pallet, then build on top of that. It easily slides off once I get it on the salesfloor with a jack. Done this for many years.

I built the Rock tree table on top of my table with little wheels. Roll it out to the floor, take it off then put the legs on the tables under it.

At my store the tables are off to the left with the displays and boxed trees underneath. Not in the middle anymore.

LOL! That is what you will do when you all see a few of the trees this year.

Cliffhanger...

Oops sorry to disappoint, but apparently several of the trees we had out on display are actually the trees that go on the ornament shippers and are not really for sale, or at least that is what I'm told. The trees have basically no branches, so it was funny thinking we would actually sell those.

One nice thing about this setup is it looks like there is ample room to cram in all of the 2/4-day pallets Spot wants us to have back there.
We take those instructions very liberally and spread it all down the racetrack at the back of the store (over 80 aisles long). So something that says it's back in seasonal might actually be at the other end of the store... The upside is it spreads out the crowds and makes things more accessible.

Is this voluntary work to put the tree up ??

That's what I was told

Is this voluntary work to put the tree up ??

That's what I was told

I guess Spot used to do "Trim The Tree" parties back in the 90's where people would volunteer to come in but Target would donate the trees afterward and buy all kinds of treats for the staff.
I seriously doubt if they are making that kind of effort now.\

How can this be legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back