Archived Receivers / Modernization questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
;) Tried that, using MY Work on the zebra, nope it didnt recognize the assigned dpci as valid. I called another store and they suggested using the old PDA defect function, but it wouldnt open at all for me.

Try hand keying the DCPI, if that doesn't work then I would look at just sending them as salvage. Also take a couple up to guest service and scan them there see what option it comes up. If not I would just start dropping a few here and there in the salvage pallet.

Those slips are usually when their printer is offline. Is it vendor merchandise? If it is then stow it until you receive a credit. Some vendors dont give out credits, so I just overide it to destroy with the PDA.

Best practice states that we have to, but it is my opinion that outbound tracking it a "BS" app. When I took over receiving I didn't realize that you have to "ship" the pallets out using that app about 4 months into the role. When I was stumbled upon the guide on workbench I freaked out. I freaked out even more when I saw that no one had shipped out pallets in 2 years! I had over 100 CRC pallets and over 500 in Salvage. I mysupported it and they told me that the store would have been informed years ago if they weren't receiving the pallets and to do a dummy shipment for what I had in the system. So yes, I still scan special handling into the pallet, just to cover my ass.
Receiving training in workbench stated that you no longer need to use Outbound tracking for anything other than ESIM anymore. Salvage, CRC, donations, etc can just be put in their areas and sent out. Special handling is no longer a thing.

Receiving training in workbench stated that you no longer need to use Outbound tracking for anything other than ESIM anymore. Salvage, CRC, donations, etc can just be put in their areas and sent out. Special handling is no longer a thing.
In the new or old workbench? Nearly all of our receiving resources haven’t transitioned to the new workbench so we’re printing out documents as we come along them until old workbench is discounted.

Well, I've been in the job 8 months, and I did figure out how to get everything done. I love the job now. With only 7 trucks a week, I'm finding I have spare time to fix issues from my predisisor. Question. We have tons of returned online books. I've tried to do a vendor return, but the assigned dci to each book isnt allowing me to do it. How do I get rid of these books?!!!!
Defectivies via the PDA seems to work better than the MyDevice. MyWork 2.0 makes me wanna salvage a broken hairspray bottle and I can’t seem to override it for ESIM.
Get the DPCI for the item and manually typing into the defectives app on the PDA. Enter 49 than the DPCI (i.e. 49 368-63-3047 without the dashes and the space). That’s how we’ve been defecting online items if they don’t scan.

Have someone found a way to get the soda weekly for the vendors? The link via old workbench doesn’t seem to work and our ETL Market doesn’t know how. A vendor got a picture of last weeks from a different vendor at different Target but he didn’t know how to or which Target got it.

Have someone found a way to get the soda weekly for the vendors? The link via old workbench doesn’t seem to work and our ETL Market doesn’t know how. A vendor got a picture of last weeks from a different vendor at different Target but he didn’t know how to or which Target got it.
They aren't updating the links to the old workbench. Go to the food and beverage page on the new workbench and then to the dry grocery page. It will be under reporting on the right side. That's the only one they are updating. Even on the new workbench "vendor contact info" they are not updating that particular link.

Last edited:
Receiving training in workbench stated that you no longer need to use Outbound tracking for anything other than ESIM anymore.
Appreciate you trying to help, but as you know some of the answers are no longer correct due to processes changing after the original post.

You still need to keep an eye on special handling though and make sure what is outbound is being bagged only if needed and labeled correctly. We don't want to create potential hazards.

Last edited:
In the new or old workbench? Nearly all of our receiving resources haven’t transitioned to the new workbench so we’re printing out documents as we come along them until old workbench is discounted.
It is in both. When we switched over to the revlog app last year it was one of the changes that took affect.

Figured it out. I took all the online books to service desk and they were able to defect them on the cash register. We implemented we will directly toss all returned online only books from now on.

Appreciate you trying to help, but as you know some of the answers are no longer correct due to processes changing after the original post.

You still need to keep an eye on special handling though and make sure what is outbound is being bagged only if needed and labeled correctly. We don't want to create potential hazards.
As I've seen that's not true. New training for receiving on the new workbench states everything I said.

Remove item level tracking for CRC, Salvage, and Donations.
Continue using OBT for ESIM only.
You do not need to open or close pallets, track service desk or price change special handling.
Outbound Tracking BOL no longer required.
Continue using placards for pallets.

Hazardous ESIM items from pricing are obviously supposed to handled differently.

Last edited:
I've seen that's not true. New training for receiving on the new workbench states everything I said.

Remove item level tracking for CRC, Salvage, and Donations.
Continue using OBT for ESIM only.
You do not need to open or close pallets, track service desk or price change special handling.
Outbound Tracking BOL no longer required.
Continue using placards for pallets.

Hazardous ESIM items from pricing are obviously supposed to handled differently
I didnt say you were wrong, lol. The point I was trying to make is that there will be stuff on here that is not correct because things change. You quoted me on a post from last year before these changes took affect. I am very well aware of the current and correct receiving guidelines.

Defectivies via the PDA seems to work better than the MyDevice. MyWork 2.0 makes me wanna salvage a broken hairspray bottle and I can’t seem to override it for ESIM.
Get the DPCI for the item and manually typing into the defectives app on the PDA. Enter 49 than the DPCI (i.e. 49 368-63-3047 without the dashes and the space). That’s how we’ve been defecting online items if they don’t scan.

Go to the new workbench, General Merch tab, food and beverage tab, select the dry groceries tab that says includes dsd/vendor. Bottom of the right side(i think) will say the soda update

more often than not, defectives are coming up as salvage when defected out on a mydevice. i've been receiving for years so i know where most esim goes, like ST or FL... but how do you do it on mydevice. does it need to be tossed? i got flack years ago about the percentage of toss overrides and since then have done basically none (basically another report they can blame things on you for).

more often than not, defectives are coming up as salvage when defected out on a mydevice. i've been receiving for years so i know where most esim goes, like ST or FL... but how do you do it on mydevice. does it need to be tossed? i got flack years ago about the percentage of toss overrides and since then have done basically none (basically another report they can blame things on you for).
When defecting a broken ESIM, select override to toss. It should popup with an "ESIM leaking yes or no?" It'll print the correct ESIM category when you press Yes and it'll go to salvage when you say No. The only issue right now I get is the phantom/fake print out. I'll defect something on the Zebra and it works sometimes. Sometimes the printer will print a label or it'll begin to print and stop before the label will print. I've checked the black line on the roll but that doesn't seem to cause the issue.

Thank you! ... as for the printer, no idea.. never happened to me. is it in *zpl as opposed to ezprint mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back