Archived Receivers / Modernization questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after almost 2 weeks I can definitely see no one considered how hard it would be to try and load a sweep truck around the enormous amount of freight everywhere and the constant foot traffic.
It's a mess on any given day and some one is going to get hurt trying to maneuver around everything.

Target took an efficient process they were known for and screwed it all up to keep from paying a few more people to be on the floor. Then they want to change when deliveries and merchandisers and multiple other companies do their business to accommodate them.

Dumbest move we've made since Target Canada.

We have 7 next week..a double on one day. Week after we have 8 ...two doubles.

Im 3 weeks into the receivers job. I am a super organized, hard working person, but Im still not able to get the job done. We get 8-9 trucks a week, AA volume, 4 sweeps. With a small receiving, and metered unload, how do you get all the MIRs done, mail checked in, load to capacity 4 sweep trucks, bag up shit the truck unloaders break, sort ESIM, Deal with vendors bringing in product we cant warehouse any more, checking in at least 10 vendors every day. Very little to no help. I just cant do it all in 32 hours. I come home mentally and physically exhausted. Not sure how to address this to the leaders who dont need any more bitching about how this unload process isnt working in a store with a small receiving area....

Im 3 weeks into the receivers job. I am a super organized, hard working person, but Im still not able to get the job done. We get 8-9 trucks a week, AA volume, 4 sweeps. With a small receiving, and metered unload, how do you get all the MIRs done, mail checked in, load to capacity 4 sweep trucks, bag up shit the truck unloaders break, sort ESIM, Deal with vendors bringing in product we cant warehouse any more, checking in at least 10 vendors every day. Very little to no help. I just cant do it all in 32 hours. I come home mentally and physically exhausted. Not sure how to address this to the leaders who dont need any more bitching about how this unload process isnt working in a store with a small receiving area....
You should have about 60 h for recieving. I’m a AAA+ I have 2 receivers . You need to bring that up to your ETL Log to help out by training someone to help . That way you guys overlap .

We start our 6ams next week and I'm worried about how I'm going to get my vendors through. It is really going to suck during 4th quarter when SFS explodes. And if the truck unload is now going to take 3-4hrs I won't be able to get my C&S and milk through because the line will be in the way.

I am scheduled 35 hours but I work 38.75 no one says anything so I just stay. It's either that or don't complain when shits not done.
They have 44 hours for receiving in my store but whenever I mention that to my ETL he says The STL uses them elsewhere, I say oh well.

I do come clean or at least have the illusion of clean every day and on the rare occasion I have extra time...haha I know, I know, so rare these days, I catch up. For me filing is always a challenge.

Just 9? I wished I had only 9 trucks a week. Shit I would be able to relax opposed to 5 doubles a week and and 2 singles
And you do it all yourself? I worked 5 hours today, built 2 salvage, 1 crc, did the weeks mirs, loaded a sweep trailer by myself, and worked a gs esim flat. I still had another flat of esim, and filing to do, that didnt get done. I just gotta figure this out.....

I am scheduled 35 hours but I work 38.75 no one says anything so I just stay. It's either that or don't complain when shits not done.
They have 44 hours for receiving in my store but whenever I mention that to my ETL he says The STL uses them elsewhere, I say oh well.

I do come clean or at least have the illusion of clean every day and on the rare occasion I have extra time...haha I know, I know, so rare these days, I catch up. For me filing is always a challenge.
How do you find out how many hours are alloted to recieving?

And you do it all yourself? I worked 5 hours today, built 2 salvage, 1 crc, did the weeks mirs, loaded a sweep trailer by myself, and worked a gs esim flat. I still had another flat of esim, and filing to do, that didnt get done. I just gotta figure this out.....
No, I don’t do it. I’m the Tl in the back . I have 2 receivers that overlap 1 does 6-2 Monday thru Friday and the other one 8-4:30 Tuesday thru Sunday . That’s why you need to get with your ETL Log to add an other person for you to train so your workload gets done . Unless they don’t care about the metrics and all

If you are responsible for pulling MIRs, do it when the store is closed if at all possible. Set a time goal and if you can’t find everything, just close it and move on.

Don’t clean up spills and damaged products from the unload. That’s the Flow TL’s job. Everybody else in the store is capable of bagging their damaged items, and the flow team is no exception. If it’s left on the trailer, I would take the label from the box to defect it out and then just leave the mess there.

32 hours is not reasonable, so don’t feel bad for not being able to get it all done. You’re just going to have to have a frank conversation with your ETL about what you are expected to do and how much time it takes.

We have a couple of people that can help with the sweep. They will load the bales and repack boxes for the receiver.

No, I don’t do it. I’m the Tl in the back . I have 2 receivers that overlap 1 does 6-2 Monday thru Friday and the other one 8-4:30 Tuesday thru Sunday . That’s why you need to get with your ETL Log to add an other person for you to train so your workload gets done . Unless they don’t care about the metrics and all

I can tell you some stores just don't care. AA volume one receiver 40hrs and if she can't get it done - no one cares.

B level, mine works 6 days a week most of the year because nobody can be bothered ti check in vendors one freaking day a week. Plus he stays late most days. So we probably use 50+ hrs. Much is spent shooting shit with vendors, but he's had to pitch in more with brand.

B level, mine works 6 days a week most of the year because nobody can be bothered ti check in vendors one freaking day a week. Plus he stays late most days. So we probably use 50+ hrs. Much is spent shooting shit with vendors, but he's had to pitch in more with brand.
Hahaha what?

"Oh you need to bring in product for the weekend? Better bring it on Friday because receiving is closed on the weekend."

Problem solved.

Hahaha what?

"Oh you need to bring in product for the weekend? Better bring it on Friday because receiving is closed on the weekend."

Problem solved.
That's how it's supposed to work, but it doesn't. Same as hours changed to 8am too align with new truck times... they still show up at 6:30am and get pissy we won't drop the line for them to unload.

I meant to ask my receiver how the vendors will get thru the line with the pending logistics rollout. We are doing a push all starting at 6. There is no fucking way we will be done by 8. Can't wait for the cluster, lol

We have started our 6ams this week. Haven't moved over to the new process yet so we still unload the trucks in one go. So all my vendors who come in at 6 can still get through by going the long way around the line, but if they have a pallet they are SOL until the truck unload is done at 7ish. I have no clue how we are going to do this once the new unload process starts.

Questions. Im getting boxes full of random stuff with tiny bits of register paper taped to them. They have printed "Damaged" with the dpci. How do I process these? Also, with special handling salvage, do I scan them in one by one to a Salvage pallet? Im trying to fill in the gaps from my training....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back