Archived Receiving TM's, how is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just voluntarily stepped down as GSA after a few months (literally hated my job), and after talking to my ETLs, they decided they really need me to help in receiving due to my strong solo/personal work ethic, so that's where they are putting me ASAP.

With that said:
  1. I'm kind of wondering what my tasks are? I heard a few words throughout the quick "here's where we're putting you" talk, like 'vendor' and 'trucks'.

2. Does backroom, especially receiving, have any quotas similar to REDcards?

From the back room guide:
My current hours are 7:30-2:30, Monday through Friday...

Monday:
I usually come in to a mess. First I would start cleaning up, sorting ESIM, auditing CRC and Salvage pallets and receive the P-fresh load. Throughout the day receive whatever vendors came in and check-ins that needed to be completed. Process any defectives left over/missed from the early AM team.

Tuesday:
Come in, process ESIM, stack CRC and Salvage pallets. Receive any vendors that came in. Tuesday's are usually light and slow so this would be the day I start pulling MIR's. I lock up receiving around 12 and go on my lunch. When I come back I start working the MIR's and try to finish up whatever I can before I'm off.

Wednesday:
Come in and receive the P-fresh load. Do the same morning process as the other 2 days. This is also a light day so I finish pulling whatever MIR's I left from yesterday.

Thursday:
Same morning processes. Then close out the MIR's and get them ready for shipping. I also put in the store count adjustments request form for the MIR's that the counts were off.

Friday:
Receive the P-fresh load. Do the same morning processes (sort ESIM, audit the CRC and Salvage pallets, and receive whatever vendors came in for the day). This is also the day for the sweep so I load up the truck (pallets, hanger bins, recyclables, CRC pallets, and the actual sweep), close it off, seal it, and print out the BOL's.

Just a short summary of my work week as a receiver.

Thanks BrokenPDA

I had the privilege of working receiving for 2 years. Besides the position I am in now it was my favorite position in the store. Became great friends with many of the vendors and even had job offers from a few of them.

Here's what my typical week was like

Monday
Came in to a hot mess and chargeback left from the overnight team. Spend about and hour to two hours charging out items and bagging esim in between I would have to check in mclane and Frito lay. Then break time. Then I would check in the rest of the vendors about 10-12 of them. Then i would Pelletier any Crc or salvage. Then lunch and after lunch check in any items that came from fedex or ups.

Tuesday
Same routine as Monday overnight always like to leave a mess. Same vendors as Monday except I had Pepsi and Coke. God help you if you had to audit them. Then it time to activate mirs or the week. I'd hand any that had sales floor locations to the team leads of that department and then would pull any with back room locations. Then it was time to load the sweep truck up. Cheep pallets Crc salvage bales hangers bins repacks. Close sweep check in fedex ups.

Wed
I was off only because of my school schedule

Thursday
No truck night before so chargeback was minimal. Check in vendors same as on Monday. Complete mirs that ere done either sending them out holding them or destroying them. Pull merchandise sweep and palletize it. Load sweep truck up. Complete fedex ups check in.

Friday
Similar to Tuesday just scratch out mirs and sweep. Check in Coke and Pepsi usually 10 pallets each add in magazine vendor. Check in ups and FedEx Friday's are book delivery days lots and lots of books FML. Books there the worse to check in.

Sat
Charge back check in Frito lay and pep farm vendors. Sat sweep and help back room out.

And my hours were 6-230 on days I worked.

No red cards only thing you have a quota on is the percent completed in your MIR. Example if the Mir has 2 dpcis and each dpci wants 4 your need two pull 8 total Rachel for 100% you need 90% to be green and if your not expect a lot of questions as to why you aren't. Incase your wondering MIRs are important because it's money give back to spot and we all know how spot lives there money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back