Archived Recently promoted to Cafe TL (Ideas?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably have the Pizza Hut oven and not the convection or turbo chef.

Café TL is a pretty awesome position.

As FATL, the best and worst thing about it was that no ETL, not even the ETL-GE directly over me, understood FA.

On the downside, that means I received zero help when it came to FA from anyone. When there was a leak in the C02 system, I had to determine the source of the leak and yell at the technician until he fixed it. I had zero support from just about everyone, and had to explain to ETL's basic food safety concepts (You don't have to throw away room temperature nestle milk that has not been opened. FATTOM).

On the plus side, because no one in my store understood the area, I had free reign to organize my affairs as I pleased. I added bells tuned to C major in front of FA for kids to play, which gave them a reason to visit again, and drew the attention of people on the checklanes. Also, I did a fun cross promotional with electronics where guests would get free popcorn when they bought a movie. I rearranged the Grab n Go cooler so that only 286 products were offered, and an ETL congragulated me for being first in the group for target café retail sales lol.

At 202 hours and talented TM's, I could actually schedule myself 3 days a week to just do manager stuff, which means I would mob around doing special projects. I'm happy I went FATL rather than GSTL for sure, but it looks like I will have to clean up SB now too.

Edit: Kartman is right about one thing: you will want to tape those date labels to the boxes. Otherwise, in the freezer, they will fall off. My oven is calibrated for 7 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back