Archived Red coupons, EE discount, gift cards, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly a stupid question (I should say "questionS"), but can you use your employee discount on top of the coupons on the back of the "Red" magazine? What about a different discount like the Rx Rewards or Red Card 5%? Also, can you use a gift card to pay for an item if you've used your EE discount?

Yes, you can use your discount with any coupons, including the ones in Red. You can also use the discount with the Red Card discount. You can also use it when paying with a gift card, though you're not supposed to use a gift card you just bought. This is because people buy gift cards so they can use their discount when they have nothing except a non Target credit/debit card. But when I worked at Target, I got gift cards for presents and used them with the discount with no problem.

Cool...no, these are gift cards I got for new Rx's. I just wanted to make sure because it says "cannot be combined with other offer" and it had me confused. Mama's getting a new vacuum :)

I remember a deal where TMs got 40% of a Dyson with a coupon from the Red magazine and there was a sign saying TMs should also use their TM discount and Red card for an extra 15% off.

Edit - I'm guessing you're talking about the same deal with the Dysons.

I remember a deal where TMs got 40% of a Dyson with a coupon from the Red magazine and there was a sign saying TMs should also use their TM discount and Red card for an extra 15% off.

Edit - I'm guessing you're talking about the same deal with the Dysons.

BINGO! On top of it, I also had a Pharmacy Rewards card for an additional 5% and about $60 in gift cards from getting prescriptions filled and a couple of other random coupons for other items. I started out around $555 and ended up paying $206 and change (including tax). My GSTL was calling me an "extreme couponer" LOL!

Okay...another thing that I've been wondering...why do they ask IF we want to use our discount? Why wouldn't we? Most people simply ask for my number, but others ask if I want to use them??? When I have a cartful of groceries and stuff, isn't that a given?

Okay...another thing that I've been wondering...why do they ask IF we want to use our discount? Why wouldn't we? Most people simply ask for my number, but others ask if I want to use them??? When I have a cartful of groceries and stuff, isn't that a given?
We've been told our numbers can no longer be keyed to receive our discount. We have to use our discount card. Our ETL-LOG has been reminding people if they don't have a discount card they need to order one.

Because if you use a non target credit / debit card you are unable to use your discount. I know of a lot of people that refuse to get a red card and don't write checks / carry cash, so they can't use their discount.

I find it dumb that we have to use a target card. Other companies don't require their employees to use their company card for discounts.

If a fellow Team Member comes through my line, I just ask them if they have their discount with them. They either pull it out for me to scan (or scan it themselves) or tell me they're using a non-Target card (with which a discount can't be used).

We've been told our numbers can no longer be keyed to receive our discount. We have to use our discount card. Our ETL-LOG has been reminding people if they don't have a discount card they need to order one.

My store doesn't seem to care much about that. Though it wouldn't be fair to new Team Members or anyone with an unscannable card that needs to be replaced (and the replacement still hasn't come in yet after several months - one of our cart attendants put in at least five requests for a new discount card and he's still waiting for it).

Because if you use a non target credit / debit card you are unable to use your discount. I know of a lot of people that refuse to get a red card and don't write checks / carry cash, so they can't use their discount.

Sorry, I probably should've quoted this in my first post. This is what's nice about the check card. Not only do you get the 5% savings, but you can also use your discount and make it 15% without having to worry about your credit. And if you normally make large purchases with it, your savings will more than compensate for the fee your bank charges you for a debit. I not only try to encourage guests to open one, but Team Members as well.

My store doesn't seem to care much about that. Though it wouldn't be fair to new Team Members or anyone with an unscannable card that needs to be replaced (and the replacement still hasn't come in yet after several months - one of our cart attendants put in at least five requests for a new discount card and he's still waiting for it).

That's fine. As far as I know, the issue comes when the TM making the purchase either writes it down while in line or recites it out loud.

I find it dumb that we have to use a target card. Other companies don't require their employees to use their company card for discounts.

I used to work at Kohls before Target and we had to use either a Kohls credit card, gift card, cash or check to receive our discount.

the new discount cards come in to HR within 2 weeks - just stop by and ask for it. If it hasn't come in within that amount of time, it isn't being requested correctly. Ask for help from your HRTM, or ETL-hr.

Sometimes they come in and get lost in the shuffle - but I promise - anything longer than 2 weeks, not being ordered correctly.

if it's a pay week, they come in with the paychecks, the other week, they come in store mail usually on Wednesday or Friday.

You can also use a temporary card that we give to new hires while you are waiting for your card.

Last edited:
but other stores also have limits on what you can buy and certain categories have different discounts.

with me its

20% - Jewelry

15% - Home

10% - Nutrition, Electronics, "private label food and HBA products" (Store brands)

I do not get discounts on Deli or bakery products (where most of my lunches would have been bought instead of the Burger king next door and no I dont bring my own due to there only being one firge and its always packed with other peoples ************) nor do I get discounts on brand names. But hey I can use coupons, clearance and these extra discount days. Plus half off the monthly bus pass.

Last edited:
DUH! Didn't think about that...it just seemed odd when they'd ask me and I'd be standing there with cash in my hand (that they COULD see)...
We CAN use our discount AND a Starbuck's card at Starbuck's, though...no need for a Red Card or cash/check there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back