Archived Red Velvet Eggnog Seem Not to be selling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone notice if the Red Velvet Eggnog been selling well? It seems to be slow-moving in the stores I have seen.

My bad. It's the Red Velvet Chocalate Holiday Milk.

Last edited:
I never really paid attention. :D People might be buying eggnog and similar items at more traditional grocery stores.

gross. i love red velvet cake and chocolate milk but the two together, sound really gross. we had bright orange chocolate milk back in october. gag!

We sold out of egg nog and they haven't sent us any more since. Not sure why.

I bought some of it last year. It was way too thick and sweet.

Our store didn't have any holiday milk this year and we only had vendor-supplied or random NOP Bolthouse Farms eggnog come in. I think it has something to do with our kosher dairy endcap.

I've never tried eggnog. I think due to the name, I have this notion that I'm drinking raw eggs lol.

Our store didn't have any holiday milk this year and we only had vendor-supplied or random NOP Bolthouse Farms eggnog come in. I think it has something to do with our kosher dairy endcap.

You have kosher dairy?
That is so cool. We have some kosher cheese and lox but no milk. We had chicken but stopped carrying it pretty quick.
We're in one of the mostly Jewish states outside of Florida and it took years for them to get us a kosher section.

Sidenote: we finally got in some eggnog and it was the Bolthouse kind. I'd never had it before. Bought the last two bottles. Very tasty.

I've never tried eggnog. I think due to the name, I have this notion that I'm drinking raw eggs lol.

Yeah, the name does make it sound grosser than it is. What my family has always done is mix it with milk (1 part eggnog, 2 parts milk) and sprinkle in a little nutmeg. It's quite tasty like that.

A homemade recipe from the genius of Alton Brown

Ingredients

4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
1 pint whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
3 ounces bourbon
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 egg whites*

Directions

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.

Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.

Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.

Cook's Note: For cooked eggnog, follow procedure below.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, over high heat, combine the milk, heavy cream and nutmeg and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then return everything to the pot and cook until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from the heat, stir in the bourbon, pour into a medium mixing bowl, and set in the refrigerator to chill.

In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. With the mixer running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk the egg whites into the chilled mixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back