Archived Registers and the CSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCO dies just about every hour. Card readers failing. Random registers just deciding to freeze. Calling CSC multiple times a day.

Yeah, this is going to be a great Q4

Things were going OK and this afternoon, the crashing began again in earnest. Had to call CSC first thing because SCOs weren't printing receipts. Got a recording telling me to reboot -- which I did, though I had to reboot one four times before it decided to work.

My SCO registers never have fully functioning produce scales and just recently Cartwheel has seized to work completely. Every time someone scans their cartwheel, it says Invalid #. I had a lady who's barcode literally was a Kill code to my registers at SCO, it made the computer go through all initial start up checks and screen says "Starting up..." and flashes it.

So fucking annoying, and no fixes or repairs have worked. I know it's just the fact that the machines we got at our store are literal shit, the new software is 100% working the way it's intended to, and other stores don't have any of the technical issues with do with our SCOs.

My store is having issues with Cartwheel at SCO as well. You can enter in the cartwheel barcode number from the guest's phone in Store Mode and it should work.

My store is having issues with Cartwheel at SCO as well. You can enter in the cartwheel barcode number from the guest's phone in Store Mode and it should work.

Yeah, that's what we've had to do. The first machine the lady scanned her Cartwheel went dead, then we tried to manually enter it on another open SCO and it still shut down the computer, that annoyed me.

Yeah, that's what we've had to do. The first machine the lady scanned her Cartwheel went dead, then we tried to manually enter it on another open SCO and it still shut down the computer, that annoyed me.

UGH. It's hard enough to get guests to come over to SCO without Cartwheel being a pain in the ass.

UGH. It's hard enough to get guests to come over to SCO without Cartwheel being a pain in the ass.

I might resort to openly agreeing with guests if it gets too stupid that nothing works because Target can't get it's software devs to use their brains. The software version my store had before the big update was inherently flawed for absolutely no reason while I heard other Targets had SCOs working just fine.

Just irks me, they get paid the big $$$ for this groundbreaking software that boosts sales but sit on their butts more than anyone in the company. For sure if this continues on and it is a Software flaw, someone is getting fired lol. I'm going to feel bad about writing this post if these flaws and bugs in the code aren't because the Devs are just lazy with their stuff and it's something else.

We have 4 registers down and CSC sent someone in today to change a printer on a working register because it “was a little light”. Lightly put, yes, we are having issues.

A retail raucous! An employee at a local Target store was taken out in handcuffs for endangering customers. The incident started Grey Thursday night when customers report that the employee encountered a register malfunction.

"He just started banging and banging on the register." Wanda Smith, a customer, said. "He then pulled out a pocket knife and started trying to pry it open". This upset many of the customers who became uncomfortable at the sight. Many customers were lined up the purchase the new Super Nintendo Gaming System, the stress of this event proved overwhelming. "The guy just started screaming "I told them to fix this *expletive* thing weeks ago!" Tim Turner, a fellow employee.

The employee then proceded to rip the register out of place and threw it across the counter. "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." Tim added. As the contents of the register burst forth the employee scrambled past the counter. "He still had the knife in his hand, we thought he was gonna start stabbing people!" Wanda exclaimed. The employee was promptly tackled to the ground by a bystander, it was later revealed that the employee was attempting to collect the change for the transaction that had just occurred.

I've get 9 registers down now. The scales on the ones that "work" have to be re-set during about every 2nd or 3rd transaction.

CSC has no ETA on a solution.

What's the situation at your stores?

Well, I have one register asking me to log back into it. Problem is, I have no idea what the password is. Prior to that, it asked for a DVD we don't have, and the CSC just sent me instructions on pulling it out and restarting from the back (which obviously didn't work). Apart from that, card readers freezing, SCO's rebooting mid-transaction, suspend/move/apologize. I knew the CSC blew the ETA they gave our DTL, but hearing there's still no ETA has me REALLY nervous about Q4.

I know what they're gonna do, they're gonna have TMs with the Zebras with the card reader attachments stand near the check lanes then scan up and process transactions. Problem solved!

Anyone have any news about a fix for our register problems?
What are they telling you when you call?
At my store, I'm the only one that seems to be concerned about this.
I'm sending detailed emails to everyone with an email address in the building but it's a non issue to everyone.
No one cares.
They will care in 22 days!

Happening to me too. I’m a PMT and store team keeps complaining about it. I feel bad that I’m not able to repair it

Anyone have any news about a fix for our register problems?
What are they telling you when you call?
At my store, I'm the only one that seems to be concerned about this.
I'm sending detailed emails to everyone with an email address in the building but it's a non issue to everyone.
No one cares.
They will care in 22 days!

I mean at the end of the day there isn't a darn thing you can do. There are thousands of stores with issues. Calling more isn't going to fix it. Lol I swear the company needs it to be a cluster to realize how much money they lost then they'll fix

Dealing with CSC is the absolute worst. “Is it plugged in?” Yep. “Have you restarted it?” Of course. “Have you changed the plug?”

You think I don’t double check everything to make sure it isn’t a hardware issue? Send a damn tech or send a new machine. Computers are the only thing that almost push me off the edge :|

My favorite ofc is when receipt lookup on card won't work and we call and it's always "it's a known systemwide outage and we have no eta thanks bye"

Our registers at GS right now have this little lock up every time someone makes a payment on their RCs. I've gotten to the point where as they're making the payment I'm like "It's gonna take the register a minute to print your receipt...literally"

I'm pretty decent at fixing my registers. Some of you guys have described problems that I have fixed. Is there any interest in a guide?

A guest was trying to make a RedCard payment and it locked up 2 registers at Guest Service.

Is this a thing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back