Archived Registers crashing since chip update

Status
Not open for further replies.
did this happen to anyone after the card reader stops working u suspend the order when u scan the suspend slip the totals don't match it's happened a few times at my store

did this happen to anyone after the card reader stops working u suspend the order when u scan the suspend slip the totals don't match it's happened a few times at my store

We've been having that issue since our last POS update before the chip readers were enabled. We've been avoiding suspending orders whenever possible because the system forgets items when retrieving the order.

When I was there our registers crashed daily. Never new when it would happen, though more often then not, it would happen when it was a large order.
Self checkouts were notorious for crashing daily.
I wouldn't expect anything different with an update like the chip reader.

I noticed we got a minor POS update within the last couple weeks or so. 043.019? Anyone know what it did? Can't say there was any real stability fixes.

Yep. This is a known issue, and they recommend not having the cashiers suspend every darn transaction or make sure the totals match after recalling the transaction.

That hasn't happened to me but I have had it happen when it crashed the suspend slip doesn't work at all and I have to re-scan all the items. Good times.... Good times....

I have the target debit. I got an email from Target telling me I would get my new card in a few weeks. I'm in no hurry because I know, at this time, I can't get cash back. Very convenient to not have to run to the bank. I also do not, shocking, have an atm card. My etl ge said that they are working on a fix. I asked him why they just couldn't do it right the first time. He's like, I know.

Our registers are constantly crashing. I 701 it every single time and get incident numbers.

Yesterday, we had registers crashing like crazy......at one point in the day 6 of our 13 registers were down and were in the process of rebooting.

Sometimes our card readers just won't do a thing....and then I was having to have guests run their cards three times before it got accepted.
It is very embarrassing when a guest has a Redcard and the readers can't read them and then won't let the guest manually put their numbers in.

The pages that I finally ended up printing say "Known Issues and POS Changes." The information says that this was updated on August 21....and tells the ETL-GE to share this with the team.......well, I guess that I wasn't part of the team.....but I found the information anyway!

We got our update a few months ago and the registers have been terrible every since.

Random issues with card readers, scales, bed scanners, hand scanners, suspends, and registers freezing in the middle of payment mode. We call and we do our best to log the issues, but it's so sporadic that there's really no pattern. It's any given register, any day, any time, all issues are fair game.

A few weeks ago we had a team member checking out with a large grocery order. She paid with it all on her REDCard and selected $40 cash back. The drawer popped open for the cashier and the register said: "Change Due: $46.34." (I can't remember the exact amount down to the penny, but it was something close to that). That TM went to the Service Desk and I looked at her receipt. Her receipt total, after the 10% and 5% discounts, was actually different than the total charged on her REDCard. Not just by $40. By the $46.34. So if her total after all discounts was $238.00, then it showed her REDCard as being charged $284.34 (the $40 cash back and then the random extra $6.34). I actually thought the TM and cashier were going crazy until I pulled it up on Inside POS and sure enough, it showed the Change Due line as $46.34. Never seen anything like that before in my nearly 8 years! And I blame the Chip and Pin, ha.

I had two issues yesterday where the stupid reader doesn't want to read the chip and people had to manually enter in their card number. It's frustrating and the poor guy was like 90 years old. Then they want to know why this is happening and I have no answer for them.

Also, the registers were super slow and it was just annoying. Had to suspend a few orders just to get the orders to show up on the pad for them to pay.

Yep. This is a known issue, and they recommend not having the cashiers suspend every darn transaction or make sure the totals match after recalling the transaction.
Funny enough, I've been told this by my GSTL and have suspended/retrieved more sales than I can count in the last few days, and never once has there been an issue other than it taking longer than it used to. The totals have matched every time, I guess I've just gotten lucky (I am checking every time to be safe of course).

Oooooh. Better reliability and speed?
Speed not so much, but reliability a lot more so. The only ones that didn't get updated are the Self checkout ones so we still have issues there.
Also it seems like certian debit cards allow for cash back and actually run as debit. Not most, but a few.

You have the unicorn store then.. My store between guests who can't figure it out and just transaction time, its way slower.. Even the Canadians are shocked about how slow it is.
After I hear the bad beep, I grab the card & show them how to use it. Then, I explain the purpose for it, while we are waiting the card to process.

After I hear the bad beep, I grab the card & show them how to use it. Then, I explain the purpose for while we are waiting..

I give them the first try, cause we have a big Canadian and Geek population so I give them the first try and a lot get it right. Helping if needed while explaining that the card readers are very blunt about what they want. And once they get it, they savor it. And most people seem take the explanation with a smile..

Guests at my store complain....then again they complain about anything. They find the chip card "so difficult!" After showing them what to do and explaining that the chips provide more security, they cannot believe that they have to figure out something new. They are beside themselves.

Guests at my store complain....then again they complain about anything. They find the chip card "so difficult!" After showing them what to do and explaining that the chips provide more security, they cannot believe that they have to figure out something new. They are beside themselves.
Just remind them of the spot data breach event. Then the light bulbs go off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back