Archived Reneging on a Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cel

Jack of All Trades
I did my GSA training about 4 months ago, and during my week of training I did 1 cash office shift observing. When it came time for my learning plan to be signed off on, I made very clear that I did not in any way feel comfortable being scheduled there without further training time. My ETL-GE and Sr. GSTL promised me that I would receive more training before having to do a CO shift solo. Learning plan says 21 hours of training for CO, I received 90 minutes.

Fast forward a few months. My ETL-GE recently left the company to move back to where she used to live a few states over, and with my GSTL moving over next week to take over for our departing Sbux TL, there are only 3 GSAs and the Sr GSTL for the front end (not including the one GSA who does 1 closing shift per week). 1 of the GSAs is currently training in pharmacy to take over for someone who's leaving, so that basically leaves the front end with 2 fewer people.

I just got the 2 week out schedule and my very first shift of the week is CO with nobody else scheduled there. I'm going to talk to my ETL-GE about it when I track her down, but according to the Sr TL LOD I asked last night apparently she's already aware of the fact that I haven't really been trained there. Am I going to get screwed by the fact that according to the learning plan on file I've been "trained" to handle cash office? I got 90 minutes of training about a third of a year ago, if I have to do CO solo I'm going to be scared out of my wits of miscounting things badly or forgetting something important. I have a few pages of notes from that day and a printout of CO daily checklist but that hardly makes up for 20 hours of missing training.

I have trained many people for CO. You definitely need a solid week of training in order to get the routine down. Unless you're a genius, 90 min is just NOT enough. Observing is not doing. I don't know about you but I learn as I do, not watch. lol
It really is pretty easy though once you know what to do. It's my favorite part of my job.
Keep asking your leaders what they want you to do with these CO shifts. Let them (hopefully) figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back