Archived Repacks for Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve looked for an answer to my question but can’t find just what I need to know.

How to efficiently and quickly get my repacks done???
I don’t have a dedicated area so as for being able to memorize my area is out. I do repacks in all of hardlines. So here’s what I normally do....I load up my uboat w 6, 8, 10 repacks (it varies). I go to the zone park my boat and open one box, work that box until empty then move into the next box. Doing this tho I’m taking lots of unnecessary steps. And I feel so unorganized which I can’t stand. I hate it bc it takes so long!
What is the best way to go about this? I want to be super organized and fast and knock out repacks like a boss! But I wind up feeling like a slug. 😖
Please help!! I need specifics! 😬

Not much you can do with repacks.... maybe yoo can movevthe uboat with you... but heck, what else CAN you do?

I don't actually work repacks but here's what I would try: sort the repack boxes in the back first. Have a uboat with several empty repacks and sort all of kitchen into one, sporting goods/toys in another, Dom/bath, Dec home, seasonal, etc. Once you're repacks are filled wheel the uboat out and work it.

I believe this is somewhat how it is done at my store. I know the lady who works the Dom/bath digs thru the repacks and loads up a tiered cart with her stuff instead of just taking repacks out to the floor. A lot of our repacks come in pretty well sorted though so it may be that she is just detrashing first.

I would toss everything in a repack in a vehicle shopping carts early morning not much guests and three tier carts throughout the shifts then use the uboats for cardboard + workstation.

Best way would be to sort through your repacks before pushing. Different stores have different rules concerning where you're allowed to sort, what vehicles you're allowed to use, etc so check in with your TL. Even if you don't get chance to push everything, it would help other TMs if you put a note on each box as to what it is (e.g. "Kitchen" "B1-B5" etc.) It's easier for flex TMs to look through repacks if they're labeled; easier for LODs to assign workload; easier for other TMs to help with the push; etc.

This is what I do, maybe it will help you out some.
Zone 1 Pharmacy repacks: I take out a uboat of 12 repacks, open box by box and push as is
Zone 2 Beauty repacks: I break down and detrash all merchandise, sort into hand baskets, take the handbasket with me to the cosmetic brand and push push push.
Zone 3 Domestics repacks: I take out a flat of 15 with 1 3-tier, break down all domestics on top of the flat of boxes as a table, and break down all the Hipa and Dec Home into the 3-tier. I push the domestics in my arms when my "table" is full and I push the hard goods when my cart is full. Each flat takes me about 45 mins to an hour.
Zone 4 housewares/pets repacks: detrash and sort all merchandise in the backroom into a 3-tier, push when the cart is full, usually finished in 2 trips, half an hour each.
Zone 5 personal care repacks: same as zone 1
Zone 6 office repacks: push from the boxes, saving all the bullseyes playground for last
Zone 7, 8, and 11 Combo repacks: Usually sorted on the unload, otherwise take out a vehicle, push all toys, then sport, then seasonal, then grocery
Zone 9 electronics repacks: push from the boxes
Zone 12 beauty repacks: push from the boxes
Infant repacks: push from the boxes.

ASANTS. At my store we try to save repacks for TMs who regularly work in the section. It's faster. In toys we load as many as we can fit on one vehicle and work them out as a team. Depending on how many people are scheduled for the day/shift, we'll have 2-4 people working the same boxes. We pound that crap out fast, but we all pretty much know where everything goes.

I guess I'd advise you to partner with TMs who regularly work the WC that you are doing. That's what we do when someone gets assigned to help us push/pull. We'll just have them join us and loan them one of our zebras to make it easier on them. But, repacks are repacks. You either know where stuff goes and they go fast or you don't know and they go slow.

Best way would be to sort through your repacks before pushing. Different stores have different rules concerning where you're allowed to sort, what vehicles you're allowed to use, etc so check in with your TL. Even if you don't get chance to push everything, it would help other TMs if you put a note on each box as to what it is (e.g. "Kitchen" "B1-B5" etc.) It's easier for flex TMs to look through repacks if they're labeled; easier for LODs to assign workload; easier for other TMs to help with the push; etc.
Such a waste of time, why aren’t these repacks pre sorted at dc?

Such a waste of time, why aren’t these repacks pre sorted at dc?

I don't really know. I do know most repacks come sorted by zones with some being combo packs. The zones are very general though and often span large portions of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back