Reply if you’ve cried at work

At least weekly. About 50 percent of the time it's strictly because of work, the other 50 is because of life in general/being an easy crier/people politely asking how I am and without thinking I unload all my problems on them. I'm a mess đź‘Ť
i’m an easy crier too

I've never cried... but don't ask me how many times I've had a nice shit! I always thought of it as my smelly break, paid for by Spot!

xZjsxHn.gif

Yes, when a u boat handle landed on top of my foot at the very beginning of my 6am shift. I was sure I broke something. Thankfully, I didn't.

I have. The first time I was being verbally attacked at the checklanes as a little ol' cashier. I had some adversity before, but not like this. Everyone couldn't figure out why anyone would ever be mad at me (I was that happy go lucky cashier that made everyone happy who came to me). These ladies just start up the moment they walked up and put me down hard over something that was out of my hands. It was so bad I had to leave mid-transaction. Starbucks saw the whole thing- they made me a drink. My leader at the time felt so bad she bought me ice cream. I couldn't quit crying for a good 20 minutes (I was already going through stuff at home, too, so my head was in a dark place and this exacerbated it).
Another time my GSTL walks over and I get embarrassed- my first time getting scammed when the POS would take coupons for anything related to what the brand was (coupon dupping). I wasn't aware that this was a thing at the time- but I sure as hell did my research and stopped anyone else who tried me. But yeah, I cried, GSTL told me not to feel bad that I was scammed and he was using my naive-cheerfulness to get what he wanted.
Another time I was a fresh GSA - this crazy woman is belligerent as soon as she comes up to the service desk, accusing my TM of not having all her items (her poor arms were full already with part of the order and had to drop these before she could turn around and grab the rest) then starts YELLING at ME telling ME I didn't get all her items, such and such items were wrong and IIIIII did it on purpose to her (the item in question was there, it was an assortment and online it had a pick of one color, not the colors the store had as someone else must have grabbed it). I did all I could but she accused me of scamming her, wouldn't LET me make it right (I would have opened a package of another item to get her the color) but she was livid and kept trying to get my last name. THE NEXT DAY this older woman orders THE SAME ITEM and has the same problem but is nicer about it, maybe more chill in the fact that this folder wasn't this color. I look up from the counter. Near the registers I see the woman from the previous day, her eyes wide and manic and she starts bolting toward me. I kid you not. I yeet myself from the desk to help a cashier and HIDE in the office. I call my LOD (I had the same LOD from the day before luckily) and tell her what is up as I start crying. At this point I'm scared. This lady is yelling at the service desk-- again--- thinking I did this on purpose. That I picked her item. I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. I wasn't even FF trained. The LOD dealt with her thank goodness, unfortunately the lady was also yelling at my cashiers about me hahah. Then the letter came... it was embellished, she even said I told her to dig through trash to get her giftcards back. Um, no, I told her they would refund the money on a digital card if she called the .com. LOD and everyone else involved backed up my story and not the long letter she sent to corporate. Needless to say, out of fear that day, I had cried.

Plus many more for many more things, but not all guest incidents at all. More of my anxiety and being hard on myself.

Once.
My ex-wife sent me a text that a friends of ours from back in our high school days had died of prostate cancer.
I don't normally check texts at work but I was on break and she never texts me so I thought it was something about my kiddos who lived with her at the time.
He had lived with me for a while after my marriage broke up which kind of made up for the time when my ex and I had shown up on his doorstep after having a fight with our roommates and getting kicked out of our apartment when we first moved out.
I tried to hold it together for the rest of the shift, then said fuck it, went to the HR ETL and told her I was going home.

My 2-year at the Hotel Spotaforna was full of emotional breakdowns and amplified my depression in ways I didn't think were possible. It's not a good place for the disabled!

I've struggled to hold back tears on the salesfloor too many times to count. Probably gonna have to today, too. We'll see.

Back