Archived requested a day off and was "auto-denied"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a cashier and I requested a day off a few weeks ago for the week of the 16th and they didn't give me it off. It's a Tuesday so I don't know why it would be denied. Is there anything else that I could do besides putting it on the swap shift board or calling off. I absolutely cannot make it in that day and I doubt anyone will take my shift!

To my knowledge auto denied means nobody ever looked at the request and enough time passed that it auto denies. I always mention to the HRTM that I put in a request to cover myself.
I would put it on the swap shift and say something about it to your TL i.e. I tried to do it the right way, it got ignored, I now put it on the board, but I will not be able to work the shift. Say it nicely of course.

I had the same issue. HR told me it auto denies if your ETL doesn't either approve or deny it in 3-4 days. In which case, YOU, the TM, have to again request the time off. I had never been told that so I didn't know to check on my request. I had to put them in the swap book. Now in my mind, if I am informing Target that I am not available, I have done my part. I shouldn't have to keep checking to see if the ETL got around to approving requests.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue. HR told me it auto denies if your ETL doesn't either approve or deny it in 3-4 days. In which case, YOU, the TM, have to again request the time off. I had never been told that so I didn't know to check on my request. I had to put them in the swap book. Now in my mind, if I am informing Target that I am not available, I have done my part. I shouldn't have to keep checking to see if the ETL got around to approving requests.

I do let if the ETL who gets the requests is on vacation at the time.. But in general I agree with you. If I have to file it by a certain time they should read it by the required time. Cause my store has lazy ETLs that NEVER approve any requests cause they let them all auto deny and make you scramble to get the days off.. Cause they can't be bothered to do their job..

To my knowledge auto denied means nobody ever looked at the request and enough time passed that it auto denies. I always mention to the HRTM that I put in a request to cover myself.
I would put it on the swap shift and say something about it to your TL i.e. I tried to do it the right way, it got ignored, I now put it on the board, but I will not be able to work the shift. Say it nicely of course.
You have to be friends with etl hr and stl and gstl to have days off.

Letting your leadership know & entering the time off request in my time, will help you get the time off.

I had that happen a few times. After the third time I figured out a good way to make sure it gets approved (because trust me they forget they have a lot of shit going on) is to just give them constant reminders even make them a sticky note on occasion. After that I never had an issue again.

You have to be friends with etl hr and stl and gstl to have days off.

Let's not be hyperbolic. One good thing about Target HR is that most stores are willing to let you have a vacation, so long as it doesn't fall under any "blackout days." Of course, blackout days can be whenever they want them to be. Last year, my store put a blackout for almost all of 4th quarter -- no time off between November and January.

Let's not be hyperbolic. One good thing about Target HR is that most stores are willing to let you have a vacation, so long as it doesn't fall under any "blackout days." Of course, blackout days can be whenever they want them to be. Last year, my store put a blackout for almost all of 4th quarter -- no time off between November and January.
not our store

Verbal is worthless, it's is when that schedule is printed that matters.

Yep. How many times have I heard "Sure, I'll get around to it" from the ETL-HR himself after putting in a request for time off, only to have him forget and it's auto-denied. Verbal approval means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back