Archived Requesting fewer hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I feel like I'm the opposite of many Target employees, in that they're scheduling me way beyond my availability. I think my application said 20-25 hours a week (not sure if I specified, but I know it was in that range).

I go to school full-time so I wanted Target to be a part-time gig, which it technically is...I'm not being scheduled full-time, but I'm working 35+ hour weeks and I keep getting scheduled for 8 hour shifts which I really can't handle given my current schedule.

I've only been here about two months and I'm already completely worn down. How would I go about mentioning that I can't balance this many hours along with my school schedule? I know lots of people need those extra hours way more than I do.

Send in another availability form of your preferred schedule. And keep a printed copy of it. If you get a shift outside of your availability, you can throw it back at them.

I feel your pain. I have 40 hours this week, with a "max" of 30 on file. Next week is back where I need them, but it's hard. If you aren't being scheduled outside your availability, then talk to your TL and see if they can keep an eye on that. Otherwise, toss the ones most likely to be taken on the swap board. Of course, even though everyone is complaining about not having hours, 8 hour shifts are nearly impossible to give away. If you can give away some of them, the computer may start taking your average hours and schedule you for less (I think that's how I ended up with consistently more hours after I started picking up shifts).

if you are under 90 days, they may not take any changes. to availability. now, if they are scheduling you alot of hours, that may be caused by you saying open availability at time of applying with spot. also, any hours you do want, put them up on swap shift board.

Retail Girl and ascenseur, I'd be happy to take some of those hours off your hands. :D

I checked the two week out schedule...I'm down to 19.5 hours. This is why I wasn't complaining about too many hours before. Luckily one of my days off is a Saturday, and surely there will be someone who wants the day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back