Archived requesting time off

Status
Not open for further replies.
im fresh into my 90 days and i need to request nov 20th off. im not yet set up of eHR cus no one was available to help me and so i guess should i just talk to my GTSL tomorrow during my shift? i coukdnt have made this request any sooner as the date was just told to me. im scared lol what do i say? is my gtsl the correct person to ask?

Go in early & talk to your HRTM. They should be able to help you set up your eHR account.
It might be too late to get approval but, if you're scheduled, you could post your shift up on the swap board to see if someone can take it.

More likely than not you would have had to find person to cover the shift anyways. Most of not all stores are in 4th quarter mode and that means no time off requests until January. Good luck getting off regardless.

You can request time off in the mode of picking your two days off each week. So needing the 20th off would be fine. But it has to be in the system 3 weeks prior. Just write a note and give it to your scheduler so they can edit you out before its posted.

no days off till January 2016 sorry, just hope you have it scheduled off when the schedule comes out this Thursday or switch with someone right away !!

Yes he can have DAYS OFF. 2 a week. He can arrange to have one of those days be the 20th.
The schedule isn't done yet. Tell your scheduler so they can edit you off before its posted.

Yes he can have DAYS OFF. 2 a week. He can arrange to have one of those days be the 20th.
The schedule isn't done yet. Tell your scheduler so they can edit you off before its posted.
So instead of putting time off, you're telling me I can ask HR not to schedule me on Thanksgiving and Black Friday and have it as my 2 days off?! Fucking sweet!!!

really dumb but who is my scheduler?? im going in soon so should i just talk to the gtsl?

You need to ask at the store. It depends and is different everywhere. Start w your tl then ask your ETL.

So instead of putting time off, you're telling me I can ask HR not to schedule me on Thanksgiving and Black Friday and have it as my 2 days off?! Fucking sweet!!!
That would be sweet!

But telling this kid he can't request the 20th of November off is not accurate.

And no you can't ask hr. They can't approve time off requests. Unless you work in hr. Lol

Generally getting time off in the 4th quarter is tough to do but it is not a forgone conclusion that you can not. Asking your ETL and explaining the situation is your best bet.

You can request a day off here and there during the 4th quarter. ...like others have said its too late to submit the time off request. Talk to your hr explain to them the situation and see what they can do. Like others have said you can always post your shifts on the swap board if all else fails .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back