Why can’t we request time off from home?

I never tell my TL I just put in the request and it gets approved. I always make sure I put it in early. The only time I talk with a leader first is if it is a last minute request a day or 2 before schedule is made.
Same, I think I told a former TL once about a time off request. I always just put it in the system and they get approved, no issues.

I so wish we could put in for time off from home! My husband works for a food distribution center and they can do it from home through Workday. Get with the program Target!

I so wish we could put in for time off from home! My husband works for a food distribution center and they can do it from home through Workday. Get with the program Target!
Same here, there have a couple of times I’ve gone to the store on my day off to request off for something important.

Because retail likes to infantilize their employees, and in their eyes, if they make it harder for people to take time off then less time off will be taken. Theoretically.

See also: How the time off request system is easy to ignore allowing leaders to just ignore the time off requests until they become auto-denied, requiring TMs to seek out their leaders (who they may not overlap with during working hours) to notify the leaders of the time off requests, which still allows the leaders to ignore said requests.

This may or may not have anything to do with why I'm an ODTM at the moment and pointedly ignoring the fact that my ETL keeps FUCKING SCHEDULING ME even though I'm not supposed to be put on the schedule, just like he did when I would request days off last spring.

I thought the stores had the MyTime app rolled out already? DCs can request vacation through MyTime. Odd it hasnt been implemented in stores yet.

I thought the stores had the MyTime app rolled out already? DCs can request vacation through MyTime. Odd it hasnt been implemented in stores yet.
I agree, don't know what they're waiting for. Obviously scheduling for a store is way different than a DC, but still, what difference would it make if I put my request in the system from home or the store? Let's go corporate!

Back