Archived Requests off issues

Should I quit if she doesn’t let me take off

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! So I took off weeks in advanced for the Fourth of July week and they still put me on schedule? Like I have a plane ticket and I can’t refund it I have to go on my vacation but they scheduled me during the week three days when I can’t. No one will cover for me on Fourth of July 6-10:30 pm it’s so dumb why is the store open on that day?? I talked to my manager about it and she said that we don’t have requests for the week of Fourth of July and that we will talk about it this weekend bc so hopefully she will change her mind about it What should I do? I was thinking about quitting if it doesn’t work out.

You requested it off weeks ago and it was approved? but now they scheduled you?
Or you requested it off and never got an answer?
See what your boss says this weekend.

Hello! So I took off weeks in advanced for the Fourth of July week and they still put me on schedule? Like I have a plane ticket and I can’t refund it I have to go on my vacation but they scheduled me during the week three days when I can’t. No one will cover for me on Fourth of July 6-10:30 pm it’s so dumb why is the store open on that day?? I talked to my manager about it and she said that we don’t have requests for the week of Fourth of July and that we will talk about it this weekend bc so hopefully she will change her mind about it What should I do? I was thinking about quitting if it doesn’t work out.
Did you put you time off in ehr? Then it should show if was bending and didn’t bother looking at it or denied it and didn’t even say anything to you.

If your time off was approved in the system, your boss should straighten this out for you. If it was not approved or it was denied in the system, it depends on your boss whether or not they will give you the time off. Whether getting the time off or not is worth quitting over depends on a lot of variables, but it really all boils down to whether the vacation or the job is more important to you. Think it over, talk to your boss this weekend and see what she says. If she won’t give you the time off, it sounds like you will have to quit or sacrifice your vacation (and ticket money). I hope it works out well for you.

You requested it off weeks ago and it was approved? but now they scheduled you?
Or you requested it off and never got an answer?
See what your boss says this weekend.
This person posted in chat it was autodenied.

We had alot of auto denies at my store that week did you ever go in and make sure it was approved? Take pics of everything on the computer to cover your ass so to speak. Itll atleast show you submitted it on time and the date it was submitted.
No, they never went back to make sure it was approved or followed up with anyone about it.

Every single shift for July Fourth that was posted at my store has been taken. Every. Single. One. Try posting it and seeing if someone will take all that time and a half off your hands. Plus all that time and a half doesn’t count towards your 40, so it could in fact be a glorious check. But seriously, try posting it before whining about it.

I talked to my LOD today and I told her that I had a plane ticket and I told her that she didn't tell me that I couldn't request the fourth of July off and that I should know better because its retail.....like im sorry I should know better? you didn't tell me about it and the old LOD gave me the fourth of July week off last year like what the hell?! Then she told me to find coverage. These people keep blaming me for things I didn't do anything wrong like this place is toxic af. Im not going to miss my vacation because of work. I am done with this place they always talk down on you and treat you like you're always wrong. well at least my store. Should I quit? im planning to and finding a better job.

That schedule was written two weeks ago. The time to make that request was nearly a month ago. Not seeing how this is your ETLs fault at all.

Mods can this be merged? @commiecorvus

😂

I talked to my LOD today and I told her that I had a plane ticket and I told her that she didn't tell me that I couldn't request the fourth of July off and that I should know better because its retail.....like im sorry I should know better? you didn't tell me about it and the old LOD gave me the fourth of July week off last year like what the hell?! Then she told me to find coverage. These people keep blaming me for things I didn't do anything wrong like this place is toxic af. Im not going to miss my vacation because of work. I am done with this place they always talk down on you and treat you like you're always wrong. well at least my store. Should I quit? im planning to and finding a better job.
Yes, quit. Why suffocate, af ,to death with all this toxicity.
I am sure there are plenty of employers out there who will accommodate your sudden vacations, for reals.

Mods can this be merged? @commiecorvus

😂

tenor.gif

That schedule was written two weeks ago. The time to make that request was nearly a month ago. Not seeing how this is your ETLs fault at all.
Yeah this. Unless I’m missing something big, you can’t request off the week before and expect approval at this or any job

And even if you did “request” earlier, if it’s not APPROVED in mytime, it’s not official. It’s your responsibility to ensure it’s approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back