Archived resets and vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question I'd like to ask, as I'm thinking about applying for a Team Lead position for Planogram:

A while back..when I used to set planograms....some people on the team would get hassled by vendors in the frozen food section. For example, if I was doing reset or plugging in some new items in frozen foods, and a vendor comes along to do his thing as I was beginning the reset, he would completely ignore me when I told him that I was doing a reset. He would start throwing in stock into the areas that I had to reset while I was trying to do my job, even after I had offered to stock in the stuff for him if he'd take it back to the freezer. This was more work for me to shift things around when the vendor would work on top of me, especially if the shelves needed to be moved up or down. It seemed that my management was weak and didn't give us any support.

My question is...can a Team Leader write up a vendor? How should a planogram team..with good management (this is the key word..good management) deal with that situation? Also, if the vendor got to the area or section first and then the plano team arrives while vendor is still there doing his thing, how should that be handled? Should you just wait for the vendor to get out of the way, or tell him to just move along? Never had any trouble with vendors except in the frozen foods aisles.

thanks

Last edited:
There's a vendor score card that the CTL fills out each week. If you are having issues with a vendor during reset, then you could communicate that to the CTL and whwn he/she fills out the score card, can lower the score. I have had issues with vendors not having labels on their product and jst flexing into another vendor's spot. Any tome I've seen this, I've partneeed with my CTL and she scores them RED due to failing to commumicate that labels were needed as well as using more space than they are allotted. Enough of those scores will send the vendor's managers to the store to see what the problem is and if it continues to happen, the vendor could be replaced by someone who will follow the proper guidelines.

I'm surprised that other presentation people haven't had issues with vendors.

it also depends on how much the vendor uses the scorecards... for example, in our area, coke will get destroyed by their hq if they get red. they will bring their dm out and investigate. however, nabisco can be solid red for two months, and nothing helps. they eventually get sent a nasty email from our hq to theirs once it is mysupported. it didn't improve until we kicked them out for a few days and gave their space to keebler.

it doesn't matter if you are a tl or not; you are a brand representative for target. there are brochures you can print off workbench to give the vendor that explains the "no flexing" rules, along with everything needed to be green. correct them verbally, give them the brochure, partner with the ctl. if they do it again, call the ctl/lod over and explain the situation and let them assist you in the follow up; call their boss. next time, mysupport it. if it's anything safety related, skip all the steps and go straight to their boss/mysupport.

Partnership and clear communication between vendors and the CTL/PTL is also crucial for the value-buy sets in Mini-seasonal.

What if some CLs are supposed to have Monster Zero and others Lo-Carb, but all that's getting stocked is Zero?

they should be scored red for not having proper instocks, and then "coached" on flexing product when the rules clearly state not to. the only exception is if they have partnered with the ctl and the ctl has approved it. sometimes, due to localities, the vendors really can't get the product (cape cod, for example, or some of the soda vendors, like sundrop). if that's the case, it should be mysupported so a revision can be issued. most times though, the vendor just doesn't think it'll sell or they're too lazy to order it.

communication is the key. I talk to my CTL and let her know whats going on and on what days I am working in the vendor section. They either offer to help or they stay out of the way. Also they will make sure to have the product in the store for then also. I like to give the planograms hat have vendor stuff on em to my CTL.. she talks to her vendors then she marks on the planogram when she talked to them and puts any notes she might have for me and she gives them back to me. Its a nice system. I don't have to many issues except when a vendor complains thy lose room. and in those cases they just need to vent then they are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back