Resigning after Two Weeks of Work at Target

I was curious so I counted, and my store has 27 TM's scheduled 40 or more hours this week. That is across all departments. 9 of them are front end, 2 are TSS, 1 is receiving, the other 15 are fulfillment mostly, but a few are sales floor.

Sending a private dig and then deleting it doesn't mean that no one else will see. Especially with email notifications set to on.

You said the OP must not be working to their standards after only 2 weeks. 2 weeks is 14 days.

How long you have worked is irrelevant. What is relevant is the OP hadn't worked even close to a month during the initial post and you stated that someone only 2 weeks in must not be working to standards.

How long did it take for you to acclimate to any job you have ever held? Can you truthfully say you had it all down in 2 weeks, or did it take longer?

1625070085356.png

I'm also about to leave after two months of working at my store because I applied for a full-time position and have never gotten anything close to full-time. I have told them that I am available 7 days a week from open to close, and this week, I was scheduled for 17.5 hours. While I understand that with the way retail works, it can be hard to schedule people for a full 40 hours a week, I've never even reached 30 hours, and if that's all they can offer, then frankly I don't think they should have ever had a job listing posted as full-time. My store is in a college town, there are plenty of people here who want part-time jobs anyways.

I'm also about to leave after two months of working at my store because I applied for a full-time position and have never gotten anything close to full-time. I have told them that I am available 7 days a week from open to close, and this week, I was scheduled for 17.5 hours. While I understand that with the way retail works, it can be hard to schedule people for a full 40 hours a week, I've never even reached 30 hours, and if that's all they can offer, then frankly I don't think they should have ever had a job listing posted as full-time. My store is in a college town, there are plenty of people here who want part-time jobs anyways.
Spot does that.

Good leave and never come back. They don't deserve hard workers. They lie so much.

They lie so much.
Leadership should be honest, starting with the interview. If they know perfectly well that a TM will rarely get 40 hours, will generally get under 20, sometimes well under for weeks at a time, they should make that clear during the interview. It would save everyone a lot of time and wasted effort. Not to mention that it’s the right thing to do.

Leadership should be honest, starting with the interview. If they know perfectly well that a TM will rarely get 40 hours, will generally get under 20, sometimes well under for weeks at a time, they should make that clear during the interview. It would save everyone a lot of time and wasted effort. Not to mention that it’s the right thing to do.
It happens so often that it makes me wonder if TLs and ETLs are told to say that they can get you 40 hours, lol. I know they aren't but it's weird how so many of us have had the same experience.

That is one thing I am always clear about. Sometimes, they will ask about picking up hours to get more. I always say they cannot count on that. If they keep pursuing it, I usually won't hire them.

Remember too that people hear what they want to sometimes.

It happens so often that it makes me wonder if TLs and ETLs are told to say that they can get you 40 hours, lol. I know they aren't but it's weird how so many of us have had the same experience.
ASANTS, we weren’t told to outright lie, but were encouraged to be very vague during interviews particularly about hours. Personally, I told them the truth, that they weren’t guaranteed and wouldn’t be getting 40 hours, probably closer to 20 or less on average down to a low of 4. I couldn’t see starting off a working relationship with a new member of my team by lying to them. A lot of new TMs who had been through a “smoke and mirrors” interview quit after a couple of schedules when the truth about hours at Spot suddenly became apparent. What a big waste of time and effort for all concerned.

desired hours and hours stabilization is supposed to balance your store out payroll wise to ensure team members get what they want

desired hours average at my store is 32, we’re averaging 30 hours per week for team members right now

I like the survey and stabilization but I STILL don’t see anyone getting the 40 that some want - 32 is about the most.
‘Do you think it is a coincidence that right about there is the cut-off for benefits ?
no it just means your store can't do it for whatever reason. plenty of team members in all of the stores surrounding mine getting 38-40 hours per week and have been for a long time

asants, ultimately

no it just means your store can't do it for whatever reason. plenty of team members in all of the stores surrounding mine getting 38-40 hours per week and have been for a long time

asants, ultimately
I had one TM who I gave 40 hours a week and they threatened to fire me if I didn't stop scheduling him 40 hours. I was point blank told that as a rule we do not schedule team members over 32 hours on average because we are required to carry benefits for them whether they choose to take advantage of those benefits or not.

They changed his schedule after I made it, I lived close to the store so I drove in the night before and made it sure got changed back.

How many is plenty? I highly doubt out of hundreds of employees, it's more than a few.

I had one TM who I gave 40 hours a week and they threatened to fire me if I didn't stop scheduling him 40 hours. I was point blank told that as a rule we do not schedule team members over 32 hours on average because we are required to carry benefits for them whether they choose to take advantage of those benefits or not.

They changed his schedule after I made it, I lived close to the store so I drove in the night before and made it sure got changed back.

How many is plenty? I highly doubt out of hundreds of employees, it's more than a few.
when was this?

and we’re probably talking like 150 team members spread across 3 stores

when was this?

and we’re probably talking like 150 team members spread across 3 stores
Some years ago, probably 7 or 8 at this point. But the general retail mindset hasn't changed.

If you're saying there are 150 full time team members across three stores in your area, I would be flabbergasted, as I think many here would.

Some years ago, probably 7 or 8 at this point. But the general retail mindset hasn't changed.

If you're saying there are 150 full time team members across three stores in your area, I would be flabbergasted, as I think many here would.
i have 36 team members in my workcenter alone and 29 of them work 35+ hours per week and have for the better part of a year now. by design

Full transparency if you quit after 2 weeks, my store would never hire you back. Alot of money, time, and resources go into onboarding/training (hours that could go to current team). Tech is dropping about 60 hrs week for payroll at the moment there is no way you will get 40 of them, I'd suggest asking to be cross trained into fulfillment, gm, or mkt.
Horse poo...they give you a zebra and say good luck.

I feel like once it's clear you're going to average 29.5, they try and make you average very close to 40. It's better to have 2 people be 40, and a third at 20, than have all 3 at 33.3, since that way only 2 of the 3 get benefits as opposed to all 3.

I can't see farther than 13 weeks back in MyTime, but the past 14 weeks (including the current week) I have been scheduled: 32, 47.5, 36.5, 40, 36, 37.5, 39.5, 40, 39, 40, 40, 40, 48, 48.5, that's a running average of 40.32 hours. I was scheduled overtime 3 of those 14 weeks, I actually worked over 40 hours 8 of those 14 weeks.

Back