Retaliation

I don't trust our Human Resources Business Partner on our shift cause he is best friends with our Senior OM and last time I had a discussion about calling the integrity line on HR the Business partner told me that whatever we say on the integrity line just comes back to them so I don't think the issue will be handled correctly
Not telling you to trust anyone in management, in fact, trust no one, but you can definitely believe what your HR Business Partner said about calling the integrity line.

Edited for readability:
Hey.
So, I want to know if someone has advice on how one of my fellow team members can go out about getting this handled without dealing with the integrity line or our DC HR.
The team member had put in a job change at my DC two months ago.
Note that she is a exceptional receiver at our warehouse.
She has made a lot of mistakes on the RF gun on pallet counts.
She has been there for three years.
I have been there for 4 years and we have receivers who have been there a long time and make worse mistakes on the gun than her.
Well, I am also a exceptional receiver.
I make mistakes but not a lot.
I also put in a job change but I did mine two weeks ago.
I had to do mine for daycare.
Well, I got approved for mine quickly but the same day I got approved they gave her a CA.
Which seems like retaliation to me cause they were already upset about losing me, so I feel they found a way to give her a CA so she couldn't get her job change.
I don't trust our Human Resources Business Partner on our shift cause he is best friends with our Senior OM and the last time I had a discussion about calling the integrity line on HR the Business partner told me that whatever we say on the integrity line just comes back to them.
So, I don't think the issue will be handled correctly.
Sorry for the long post but does anyone have any suggestions on what she can do?
I can’t stand injustice in the workplace.

I hate to see people treated badly in the workplace as well.
But I know Spot.
They covered their butts well with all the necessary paperwork.
Whatever she did to get the CA, it will be properly documented and they will be able to back it up, even it the reason they gave it to her is bullshit.
I'd suggest she start looking for another job just on general principles because she can probably work this out but if they decide to performance her out this is the first step.

For one, “exceptional receivers” DO NOT make mistakes, let alone a lot of them. Every mistake is also not the same.
ie. Receiving 2 cartons of towels and 1 of them is the wrong color is not the same as receiving a pallet of 18 PS5s as 118 cartons. 1 of them essentially costs the company nothing, the other costs the company over $100k if nobody catches it.
The company doesn’t pay for what they order, they pay for what you receive, so 1 mistake could easily justify a CA.

The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.

This is a site run by regular people. We do not perform any HR related services or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Not telling you to trust anyone in management, in fact, trust no one, but you can definitely believe what your HR Business Partner said about calling the integrity line.
It took me less than a week for me to realize not to trust coworkers there. Did work with some fine girls but I wouldn’t hang out with a lot of them outside of work, Stuff has happened that got people fired because they don’t know the difference between at work and outside of work.

I hate to see people treated badly in the workplace as well.
But I know Spot.
They covered their butts well with all the necessary paperwork.
Whatever she did to get the CA, it will be properly documented and they will be able to back it up, even it the reason they gave it to her is bullshit.
I'd suggest she start looking for another job just on general principles because she can probably work this out but if they decide to performance her out this is the first step.
I don’t agree with Commie often but he’s definitely right, Management will do anything to cover their butts and go after someone. A big reason why I don’t miss working at Target anymore is because of the politics management likes to play.

Parallel to neighborhood living. Many sources advocate NEVER become "friends" with neighbors. Immediate neighbors. Invariably they or you will do something that will piss them/you off. Remain acceptably cordial, keep distance between them, and go from there. Works here, I am not very friendly or neighborly but I'm not a prick or a nut either.

Parallel to neighborhood living. Many sources advocate NEVER become "friends" with neighbors. Immediate neighbors. Invariably they or you will do something that will piss them/you off. Remain acceptably cordial, keep distance between them, and go from there. Works here, I am not very friendly or neighborly but I'm not a prick or a nut either.
Yeah, making friends with the neighbors is the first step to making an appearance on Investigation Discovery channel's show Fear Thy Neighbor.

Back