Archived Return Policy for TMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
So, when it comes to guests, I feel like we return pretty much anything (more or less) as long as it exists in our system and it's heavily used. My question is, is that same leniency applicable to Team Members?

Long story short, I have an appliance (under $100) that I want to return, because I received a higher quality version of this appliance as a gift. So I no longer need this item that is still fairly new. Problem is, I no longer have the box,nor can I find it on the website. There is a barcode on the actual product though, so it can be looked up. Also, it was purchased about 8 months ago. Do you think as a TM, I can return this with an ID? Or is that something AP would be unhappy with/something generally not allowed for TMs?

I'd love to return this, but I don't want to bring it into a store and raise a bunch of eyebrows. I also don't want to bother if policies are more strict for TMs. Thoughts?

I think the wisest thing to do if you don't want to raise suspicion is not to return it to the store you work at.

Like you said we typically make things right for our guest. There's always a good chance you could raise a few eye brows doing a return like that to people who know you work at Target where many of us complain about people abusing the return system.

Who knows maybe your store will be cool about it, but why risk it? I don't see any downside to taking it to another Target.

First what I would do is take a picture of he barcode and try it out on our system first if it does even come up. You wouldn't want to go return it and then have it not be able to be found in the system. When you're at guest service next time, just take the picture of the barcode you took and Price Inquiry it. If it comes up, you should be good.

Also, how did you pay for it? If it was with any type of card, you can always look it up through your card. And if it were over your stores limit of return without receipt (my store has a limit of 75 dollars), the most you can do is get an even exchange for something in the same dept.

If you're not successful, you might be able to sell it via a "sale and trade" group on Facebook, especially if you have a university nearby. Poor college kids love discount appliances...

Eight MONTHS ago?? Come on. Don't become one of those people you despise. I could see if you said eight weeks. I'd just throw it up on a yard sale site or something like that.

I don't hate guests that return items past the return period. Nor is this something I bought with the intention of using once, and then returning it as if it were a rental, which is something I DO hate. You're forgetting that things that are Target Owned brands (threshold, ect) have a return policy of a year, even though the receipt expires past the normal return period.

Anyway, thank you everyone for the advice. I wish there would be clear terms for TM returns. Lol. I think what I'll do is just call the store first, and see if they're even willing to do it, and then I'll take it there. I'll probably try the numbers first to see if they even come up. Worst case scenario, they say no and I'll just gift this to a neighbor or something. It's not expensive, but it's expensive enough that owning it feels like a waste since it's still basically new.

That gross, 8 months later. I would not want to buy it. You knew you did not like it after a month. Calling ap to GS..

Last edited:
I agree at this point I would just sell it off at a yard sale or something. Try selling it on an app like "Let Go" for example. I know if I saw something like this used and what not I would be fishy about it and call AP to GS.

First of all. My store would most likely deny the return. Guest or employee.

Second of all to me this really comes down to morals. If you owned a business would you want someone returning a used item for full refund, knowing you won't be able to resell it and recoup the money? I hope you do realize that item will be defected out. Target will take a loss on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back